|Job Ref:||204607480||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum Excellent package||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:03|
Our client is part of a well-known £multi-billion PLC organisation and were specifically formed a few years ago to take on very large £multi-million long term outsourcing contracts with local authorities.
They design, manage and maintain road networks and the public realm for local government clients. It exists to create great places to live, work and play. As a leading player in this market, it is pursuing exciting growth opportunities across the UK and is investing in the work winning team. The work winning team is a central function based in the head office (Basingstoke) and instrumental in delivering the growth strategy of the business.
We are looking for a bright, energetic and well organised Bid Manager, who will report to a Bid Director and be a key element in the success of the Work Winning team.
To manage bids and be responsible for the generation and production of successful tenders; requiring a blend of skills including proposal development and understanding of customer needs. Also require an understanding of operational and commercial requirements.
To work with the Bid Director developing bid strategy; to identify resource requirements and take an active role in developing quality submission responses.
Accountabilities or "What you have to do"
• Lead in setting and agreeing bid and quality submission strategy with the Bid Director
• Lead in local activity that raises the profile of the business, engaging with a range of local stakeholders that have a positive impact on our brand with the client.
• Compile, manage and monitor Bid Plans, programmes and budgets
• Organise bid meetings and meetings as necessary
• Manage the development of high quality bid proposals, presentations and client engagement sessions.
• Work with the Estimating Director to ensure consistency between the Quality Submission and pricing
• Manage a wide range external and internal resource.
• Manage client correspondence and participate in client presentations and meetings.
• Track and report on emerging business opportunities in core markets using publicly available and subscription based web portals
• Assemble and analyse key data on opportunities, market dimensions, trends and competitive position using publicly available sources and information available from people in the business.
• Work with Senior Managers on developing long term pursuit strategies for specific targets.
• Work with existing operational teams to develop the library of information and case-study collateral that supports our ability to deliver compelling evidence in bids
• Work with company support functions and business units to assemble information and case-study collateral that supports our ability to deliver compelling evidence in bids
• Carry out post bid reviews, identifying lessons learnt and sharing best practice with other parts of the organisation.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or "What it will look like when you are doing the job well"
• Tender success 1:2
• Highly evaluated tender submissions - 95% in top 2 for quality submission
• Strong client relationships - Regarded highly by client team
• Valued internal governance - regarded highly by senior management team
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Experienced in managing large value complex tender processes in local authority or public/government procurement;
• A person able to work on their own initiative and manage complex teams to enable completion of scheduled workload to meet priorities;
• Shows an aptitude for creativity and eager to seek new solutions to client problems;
• A strong people manager, who is focused and has experience in getting the best out of people;
• A person who is accustomed to working with senior management;
• Able to work with senior managers to identify and source information required to support implementation of growth strategy
• Able to programme and prioritise work requirements to deal with peaks in demand whilst continuing to service regular information management requirements
• Able to organise information logically in ICT based systems for ease of retrieval and use by others
• Probably degree level or equivalent.
• Good negotiation skills and experience of managing potential and existing clients;
• Able to use information in ICT based systems to produce reports, charts and graphs that are clear and deliver compelling market insight
• Able to interrogate the business to discover information that can be show-cased to existing and potential clients and to turn that into clear, compelling case studies