|Job Ref:||204607579||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||High Wycombe||Address:||Post Code:||HP11||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:04|
Senior Buyer (House Building) - High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire|
£55,000 - £65,000 + Car / Car Allowance + Benefits
Our client, one of the most recognised residential house building developers within the house building industry, is looking for further support in the form of a permanent Senior Buyer.
This is a fantastic opportunity for either an established senior buyer or potentially a buyer ready to take that next step up into management, to join a forward thinking organisation that is forecasting to double in size over the next two years.
• Assist with the preparation of building budgets..
• Value engineering of drawings to ensure the proposals / details are practical and economic.
• Take off materials and prepare schedules for ordering purposes.
• Prepare material enquiries and send out for pricing in accordance with Procurement Schedules to meet the build programme.
• Obtain competitive prices for materials.
• Tender Comparison to ensure quotes are fully inclusive and prepare recommendation.
• Place orders using computerised system.
• Place orders with suppliers in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions.
• Ensure suppliers are suitable and adequate for the work to be carried out.
• Prepare bi-monthly cost reports for surveyors detailing all cost moves within the period and providing projected cost to complete.
• Approve suppliers invoices for payment and resolve any queries.
• Assist / control resolution of any building legal matters involving suppliers.
• Provide material cost advice for surveyor regarding variations / additional items.
• Assist with the development of Buyers & other members of the Commercial team.
• Comply with Company controls, regulations and systems.
• Keep up to date with current building products / techniques.
• Liaising with internal divisions regarding samples i.e. bricks, roof tiles etc
The successful candidate will have the following qualities;
* Previous main contractor, House building experience
* Currently a Senior Buyer, or can show they are ready to take the next step up
* Private house building background
* Commercial awareness
* Knowledge of best practice supply chain management tools
* Strong industry and sector knowledge
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Team orientated / promotes teamwork
* Knowledge of COINS desirable
* Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
* Car or allowance
* Pension scheme
* Laptop / Mobile
* Healthcare (personal)
* Discretionary Bonus (annual)
Engineering Recruitment Manager
Tel: (office) (Apply online only)/ (mobile) (Apply online only) / (Fax) (Apply online only)