|Job Ref:||204607146||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Salary:||£22000 - £26000/annum Car & Package||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:12|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor|
£22 - 26k + Car & Package
This role would involve being mentored by, working under, and reporting to a Senior Quantity Surveyor. The role is predominantly office based however the successful Assistant Quantity surveyor would be expected to visit sites once a week, accompanied by the Senior Quantity Surveyor. The successful person would join one of six construction teams in the business and would be actively communicating with the Contract and project managers on their team on a daily basis, to ensure the running of their projects stays as efficient and profitable as possible.
Our client is a well-known Regional Main Contractor with a strong presence in the UK Construction Industry. This family-owned contractor has been established since the 1980's and have grown from nothing to a £115m turnover business in that period of time. They provide new-build and refurbishment services to a list of blue-chip clients across the country. Their schemes range in value from £5-30m with schemes averaging around the £15m mark. Their projects vary in market sector and include: Education, Healthcare, Sports & leisure, commercial & heritage. The company's reputation has been reinforced with a string awards that they have recently been given - these include: Construction news contractor of the year, LABC best public building award and the Construction excellence award.
You will have the opportunity to earn up to £26,000 per annum with a pay review occurring on a quarterly basis. You will also get the choice between a company car or car allowance which is supplied on top of the yearly salary.
The successful candidate will have the following traits:
* Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
* Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
* Teamwork & Collaboration: Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
* Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
* Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change.
Interested? Contact or email your up to date CV |(Apply online only)