|Job Ref:||204606945||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Maidstone||Address:||Post Code:||ME15||Salary:||£48000 - £49000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:13|
Residential Valuation Surveyor|
Based in Maidstone, Kent
Salary - £48K + Bonus
My Client based in Maidstone, Kent are looking for a valuation surveyor to be based at their Maidstone office to join the expanding Professional Department.
The candidate for this role must be a Chartered Surveyor (MRICS/FRICS) and an RICS Registered Valuer and be able to show they have extensive survey and valuation knowledge within the residential sector and must hold a clean, full UK driving license.
A solid working knowledge of Quest Xit2, Microsoft Office packages including Word, Outlook and Excel is essential. The ethos of the Company is to provide a thorough and professional service and therefore the role is not target driven and pressurized in the same way as many of our competitors operate.
The Role - To act on behalf of the company and their clients in undertaking a variety of residential surveying and valuation work to the highest standard and adhering to current legislation and best practice.
* Prepare accurate property valuations and provide condition assessments for a wide range of residential property types, principally for secured lending purposes, by applying expert knowledge and awareness of building defects and the local property market
* Undertaking accurate and thorough inspections/surveys buildings;
* Preparing reports (in some cases detailed reports) on residential property for purposes such as mortgage valuations, building surveys, homebuyers reports and expert witness cases;
* Use online databases and applications for receiving instructions, submitting reports and obtaining information relevant to survey and valuation work, such as comparable evidence
* Record full and detailed inspection notes on file and ensure files are maintained in accordance with our internal procedures
o Up-to-date knowledge of :
o Red Book RICS Valuation maintaining professional standards and complying with its mandatory rules, best practice guidance and related commentary for undertaking asset valuations.
o Current RICS legislation
o Current relevant legislation
o Code of Measuring Practice
o Health and Safety regulations and requirements
o House in Multiple Occupation legislation
o Client specific requirements and standards as published in their terms of engagement
* Office Administration
* Use and understanding of Quest, Valuation Exchange and other online sites used by clients for issuing instructions and uploading reports
* Use digital dictation and digital measuring devises
* Good communication skills
* Taking responsibility for own caseload,
* Contributing towards the team's fee, billing and profit targets.
* Liaise with clients and support the team to develop the client portfolio when necessary.
* Support the team profile in the market and develop internal and external network for business opportunities, identifying areas for cross-selling where appropriate.
* Be a Member or Fellow of the RICS and an RICS registered Valuer
Please contact Samantha Crees at the Kent branch on (Apply online only) to discuss this opportunity in more detail