|Job Ref:||204605421||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Thurso||Address:||Post Code:||KW14||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:04|
One of the major UK construction and infrastructure companies is looking to appoint an experienced Planner to join their team on a substation project in Caithness (Scotland). This is a contract position for approximately 1 year.|
Responsible for the updating and maintenance of all aspects of the Substation project P6 programmes.
Main duties / responsibilities:
* Plan, structure and lead the planning of the project programme of works.
* Manage the interface between the programme and the operational staff through structured meetings, programme and progress reporting.
* Highlight both the dependencies and the interfaces between stakeholders.
* Identify programme risks and propose mitigation strategies.
* Identify programme opportunities and propose capture strategies.
* Maintain a fully logically linked Primavera P6 project programme
* Ensure the schedule is resourced (plant and personnel) and update to reflect modifications in execution strategy. This will require close work with the project delivery team to regularly maintain the status of the programme.
* Provide regular updates to the programme to allow project staff to plan their works.
* Update and report progress of the project at regular intervals to the Planning Manager and Project Manager.
* Reporting on key resources including staff; operatives, key plant and equipment, supply chain and other project milestones to allow the project to proceed in accordance with the baseline.
* Provide the appropriate programming, management and interfaces between business functions and the delivery team to ensure that contractual milestones in all sections of the project delivery programme are understood, monitored and adhered to in a controlled and appropriately timely manner. This activity will require close and professional liaison with the client's planning team on a regular basis.
* Assist in the evaluation of early warnings and preparation of compensation events.
* Ensuring that the established planning and scheduling methodology is followed.
* Assist with the preparation of the monthly programme report and dashboards and associated supporting information.
The ideal candidate will have following skills and experience:
* Working knowledge of Primavera preferably on Power Transmission projects
* Operational experience of construction projects
* Knowledge of Project Management methodology
* Proven ability in working with operational teams to capture real time progress
* Experience working in an NEC3 contract environment
* Hold the APMP or APM Practitioner Qualification
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria - Unfortunately due to high volume we will only contact shortlisted candidates
Advantage xPO is in the top 1% of staffing companies in the world. With a truly global footprint. Advantage xPO specialises in recruitment outsourcing. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Advantage xPO: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work