|Job Ref:||204606515||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£47000 - £52000/annum Car & Package||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:47|
Senior Quantity Surveyor|
£47-52k + Car & Package
Our client is a well-known Regional Main Contractor with a strong presence in the UK Construction Industry. This family-owned contractor have been established since the 1980's and have grown from nothing to a £115m turnover business in that period of time. They provide new-build and refurbishment services to a list of blue-chip clients across the country. Their schemes range in value from £5-30m with schemes averaging around the £15m mark. Their projects vary in market sector and include: Education, Healthcare, Sports & leisure, commercial & heritage. The company's reputation has been reinforced with a string awards that they have recently been given - these include: Construction news contractor of the year, LABC best public building award and the Construction excellence award.
The company are looking for a project surveyor that would feel comfortable taking commercial lead on projects around £8m. They are required to have over 5 years' experience working with a main contractor on projects from £5+. The role involves working under a Managing Quantity Surveyor but taking responsibility for whole projects - not just certain packages within a project. While the role is predominantly office based, you will be required to attend site visits on a need-by-need basis. Below is a list of duties you may be required to undertake...
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Analysis of tender allowances
* The measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings), for valuations, variations and final accounts.
* Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
* Administering and/or advising on Main Contract and Subcontract conditions
* Subcontract and Design Procurement
* Subcontract payments, variations and final accounts
* Submission of Cost Value Reconciliations
* Preparation of cost to complete
* Cash management and maximisation
* Cash Flow and Turnover forecast
* Provision of standard reports
* Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
You will have the opportunity to earn up to £52,000 per annum with a pay review occurring on a quarterly basis. You will also get the choice between a company car and car allowance which is supplied on top of the yearly salary.
Contact - | (Apply online only)