|Job Ref:||204600910||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lancaster||Address:||Post Code:||LA1||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:35|
Our client are one of the best known names in Facilities Management Services, they are currently looking for an experienced Plumber for a permanent role, covering the Lancaster area. The outline of the role will involve carrying out repair work and dealing quickly with plumbing emergencies, from layout and preparation to the final installation of fixtures and equipment.|
* Provide a timely and effective service to the customers by routinely carrying out the following tasks on a maintenance basis when required.
* Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
* Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
* Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
* Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
* Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
* Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
* Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
* Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
* Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
* Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
* Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
* Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
* Deal with plumbing emergencies when required.
* Respond to emergencies within the designated timeframes.
* Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the principles of providing excellent customer service.
* Remain customer focused at all times and being aware of the needs of the customer.
* Demonstrate the ability to remain calm in stressful/difficult situations and remaining polite and courteous at all times.
Procedures and Processes
* Take the initiative to ensure that all processes, procedures and systems are carried out to the highest standard and ensuring that the service provided is in line with company standard. Attend departmental meetings and training sessions and operate in accordance with the instructions received.
Workplace Health and Safety
* Ensure all plumbing equipment is securely stored and maintained in a condition suitable for next use.
* Report any damage or breakage of property.
* Ensure that precautions are taken to protect property.
* Ensure all security measures are taken where applicable.
* Ensure all maintenance and services of equipment is conducted on a regular basis and assure all set safety & security procedures are adhered to.
* Ensure that safety rules and procedures are followed at all times and takes corrective action to improve safety of work areas.
* Demonstrate experience in installation and maintenance of plumbing and piping
* Recognized plumbing / ITI qualification
* Sound level of written and spoken English in order to comprehend briefings and directions from Supervisors and communicate with other workers on site.
* Will need to complete site records and routine forms.
* Ability to work unsupervised and organise workload.
* Ability to contribute as a member of a team to achieve positive outcomes and provide quality service to customers.
* Sound level of numerical knowledge (i.e. arithmetic, geometry, calculus, statistics)
* A critical attention to detail and quality.
* Ability to work under pressure and react calmly to emergencies.
This is an opportunity to join a blue chip Facilities Management organisation with a worldwide footprint.
Carbon60 is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve organisations by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies.
Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries