|Job Ref:||204604774||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Torquay||Address:||Post Code:||TQ1||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Car allowance||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:09|
Role: Field Project Engineer|
Salary: to £34k + car allowance
My client develops solutions for business, and can build it from the ground up, add to existing networks, upgrade and replace outdated networks and install or repair service delivery channels for subscribers
The company has brought expertise to large and small businesses, financial institutions, government installations, healthcare, education and residential consumer markets.
Structured cabling provides the critical backbone of a communication system and the company understands the complex issues involved in planning, installing and maintaining network communication systems. The company provides customers with the commitment that their telecommunications infrastructure, no matter how complex, will be designed, constructed and installed to meet current and future requirements.
There is an opportunity for an experienced Field Project Engineer, to be based in the Torquay area, Office based within the regional area and reporting directly to the Project Manager
The main purpose of the role:
• To be the Technical lead on all aspects of client's expectations ensuring efficient and timely completion of installations within specified budgets and to set quality targets.
• Responsible for overseeing the coordination of activities, resources equipment and information and dealing with escalations.
• Monitoring health, safety, environment and quality of works.
The field Project Manager will have Field Supervisor(s) reporting directly to the position.
Responsibilities will include:
• Budget and delivery responsibility for allocated work and projects including:
• on time delivery
• cost control
• Stock control, ordering and monitoring
• maintaining client relationships
• maintaining on site EHS values and requirements
• delivering a quality service
• managing resource needs, including identification & allocation of resource
• the Management and direction of subcontractors and/or Project resources to included full H&S inductions
• Site inspections (min of 1 per week)
• Monitoring of notices, stop/starts, registrations, ensuring the planning of traffic management is completed
• exceeding key metrics / deliverables
• support of new business development initiatives
The Field Project Engineer will offer the following skills/experience
• Telecoms - fixed line and mobile networks.
• Demonstrable experience in project management/project coordination.
• Understanding of Civils work including cable installation and fibre splicing
• Will need to be capable of achieving full security clearance
• Min of 5 years Telecoms delivery.
• Construction, Civil Engineering and Design.
• External Fibre Optic Cabling and Telecoms Networks
• Competition and Market Trends.
• Competent in the use of IT.
• NRSWA understanding and training an advantage
• Prince 2 or similar qualification an advantage
• Proven ability to deliver high run rate projects.
The Field Project Engineer will be accountable for the following:
• Programme, develop and maintain detailed project schedules which include all administrative tasks and sites involved in the project.
• To ensure efficient resource scheduling and enable the works to be executed as planned.
• Communicate all customer and Company polices/specifications.
• To ensure staff work to the correct guidelines in all aspects of the projects.
• Meet with clients on regular basis.
• To ensure excellent communication is maintained with client throughout the project.
• Maintain contact with Project service providers.
• To ensure timely activity, integration and efficient use of resources to meet project requirements.
• Monitor project activities and track actions.
• To ensure project is running to schedule and set timelines.
• Conduct regular reviews of issues, risks, change requests etc, escalating issues and obtaining management support where needed.
• To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the project.
• Deliver EHS values and requirements
• Provide safe working environment and meet safety and compliance standards.
• Minimise risks and reduce failures.
• Must adhere to internal ESH & Quality processes and procedures. These are regularly updated and accessible by all staff