|Job Ref:||204602418||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Salary:||£30000 - £34000/annum vehicle & fuel||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:39|
Role: Field Supervisor|
Salary: £30k to £34k + vehicle/Fuel
My client develops solutions for business, and can build it from the ground up, add to existing networks, upgrade and replace outdated networks and install or repair service delivery channels for subscribers.
The company has brought expertise to large and small businesses, financial institutions, government installations, healthcare, education and residential consumer markets.
Structured cabling provides the critical backbone of a communication system and the company understands the complex issues involved in planning, installing and maintaining network communication systems. The company provides customers with the commitment that their telecommunications infrastructure, no matter how complex, will be designed, constructed and installed to meet current and future requirements.
There is an opportunity for an experienced Field Supervisor, to be based in the Leicester area, field based with Regional area responsibility reporting directly to the Field Operations Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To Supervise teams of employees and/or Sub-contractors on behalf of the company Services division, working on various projects.
The focus of the role will be to maintain and improve the quality of product delivery including on time delivery, Health and Safety standards, Quality Control and project administration. Reporting to the Field Operations Manager and other members of the project team or Clients on status of works.
The Field Supervisor will manage up to 12 operatives (Subcontractors and employees)
Regular/ daily contact to review:
• Schedule of works
• Updates on works status
• Health and Safety Issues
• Operative welfare
The post holder will deliver the following as and when required
• Regular updates on progress of jobs
• Provide project support
• Escalations where required
• Regular updates on delivery issues
• Operative Welfare
• Escalations where required
• Provide details of Risk Assessments
• Provide details of Site Inspections
• Updates on Project Health and Safety reporting
• Assist with Security Clearances
• Advise on HR related issues with employees
• Updates on completions of work ECD's.
• Resolve queries
Candidates will offer the following skills/experience:
• Demonstrable Supervisory Experience
• Ability to motivate staff
• Good communications skills
• Good Knowledge of Telecom Networks
• MS Office
• Flexible and adaptable to workloads
• ISO 9001/ 14001/OHSAS18001
Principle accountabilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Carry out H & S checks and site inspections to ensure that a safe working environment for engineers is being implemented and HSEQ targets are measured and delivered
• Project delivery assistance resolution and escalation to assist client services with technical issues and on-site support as well as offering alternative options to reduce delivery time and deal with subcontractors and clients on technical and delivery issues
• Regular contact with operatives regarding Welfare and H&S, ensuring that operatives are aware of their allocated work requirements, available field communication channels and any raised H&S issues
• Regular/ daily calls and emails to Operations department regarding scheduling engineers onto jobs.
• Carry out Risk Assessments/Surveys and ensure correct documentation is completed before work starts.
• Authorisation of Timesheets