|Job Ref:||204606558||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Folkestone||Address:||Post Code:||CT19||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:47|
Senior Application Support Consultant|
Salary - £25k - £30k
An opportunity for a Senior Support Consultant has arisen to provide 2nd and 3rd line application and infrastructure support to a prestigious organisation.
As a Support Consultant, the successful individual will be expected to have good technical and functional knowledge to tackle a range of issues that may arise. You will be expected to have excellent communication skills as well as work in a methodical and productive manner.
* Customer focus - a well-developed individual with a professional, consistent positive attitude towards the customer. Acts on behalf of the customer to resolve IT issues efficiently.
* Considered to be an SME in at least 1 product technology area (e.g. networking, servers, voice systems).
* Methodical approach to problem solving, works through a problem in a controlled, logical manner using a consistent approach enabling an efficient resolution to both simple and complex problems.
* Able to learn new technologies quickly by utilising existing knowledge of other systems.
* Able to work with minimum supervision to tight deadlines.
* Provide 2nd & 3rd line application and infrastructure support.
* Problem management.
* Service improvement.
* Patch management.
* Technical innovation.
* Performance monitoring.
* Business continuity.
* Event management.
* Application design and development.
* Project support & delivery.
* Assist in the development of the project plan by reviewing tasks, timescales, resource requirements, dependencies, risks and issues.
* Risk management.
* Documentation and knowledge sharing.
* Asset and configuration management.
* Knowledge of ITIL best practice.
* Experience of using and supporting the following products: Check Point firewalls, SolarWinds, Lotus Notes, Websense.
* Awareness of emerging industry products and solutions.
We will always email you a full role specification, name our client and wait for your email authorisation before we send your CV to this organisation. Deerfoot IT: Est. 1997. REC member. ISO certified. *Each time we send a CV to a recruiting client we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation (charity no. 1070906).
Deerfoot is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy