|Job Ref:||204606436||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Darwen||Address:||Post Code:||BB3||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:47|
Job Title: Technology Change Project Manager|
Location: Darwen (Lancashire) or Bristol
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About the role
Working within a major 8-year managed service contract, the Project Manager will estimate, plan and manage a number of technology-led projects
About Capita | Customer Management - TV Licensing
Capita Customer Management is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
The TVL Partnership works on behalf of one of the most respected and recognised brands in the World and is responsible for the administration of the TV Licence in the UK. We have over 25 million customers and collect over £3.7 billion every year.
What you will do:
Project Estimation and Planning
This will include;
* Using Project Brief and Business Case, plus existing high level plans, work with internal, supplier and third party resousrces to produce detailed implementation plans
* Use standard methodology / lifecycle stages to estimate and plan activities
* Utilise good practice estimating and planning techniques
* Prepare for Project Initiation, including gaining internal and client approval to proceed
Project Planning and Control
Management and control of Projects from initiation to closure. This will include;
* Coordination of all suppliers and partners across a standard project lifecycle
* Mange internal and external resources to develop requirements and design work to agreed standards and quality criteria
* Manage the development / build activity across one or many suppliers
* Identify key areas of business change activity and manage interdependencies with technology and business work-streams
* Work with the Test Manager and test teams to plan and execute appropriate testing
* Coordinate supplier release management activities alongside internal Go Live preparation and readiness activity
* Plan the allocation of resources and prioritise resources according to need
Reporting, Governance, Stakeholder Management
* Identify, record, mitigate and manage risks and issues
* Report progress to appropriate governance bodies
* Provide assurance, internally and to client, around the quality and outcome project deliverables
Your experience will include:
* Significant experience of planning and implementation of complex technology projects spanning infrastructure, applications and data
* Significant experience of Software Development Life Cycle
* PRINCE2 qualified
* Experience of working with mixed teams, multiple stakeholder and matrix management
* Outsourcing and IT Services industry experience preferred
* Positive and proactive approach
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, car allowance, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us