|Job Ref:||204606357||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:47|
Data Manager - Bristol
Nisbets is currently looking for a Data Manager to maintain and develop its Product Data Management System. The role sits within the E-Commerce/Marketing Department and is based in Avonmouth, Bristol.
The main focus of your role will be to manage product data and assets held within the PIM (product information management) system for over 23,000 products, for both catalogue and web, across 9 different countries and 6 languages.
Being part of a fast paced and highly driven Marketing department, the Data Manager would need to be a forward thinking individual with a can-do attitude to support the business' growth, whether opening up into new markets, countries or business acquisitions, ensuring data quality is not compromised.
Regular data cleansing and granulation exercises to be carried out, working with key users to determine mandatory data, correct configurations and continuously looking to improve the quality of data at all times. From day to day management of data to carrying out large scale system upgrades. This is a highly responsible role which bridges both the demands of meeting international digital and print marketing strategies to being the go-to technical support lead, parallel with in-house IT and system provider support.
As Data Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Take full accountability for the planning, UAT and implementation of all system patches and upgrades
- Facilitate and carry out all PIM system training for new starters and to ensure all users are fully conversant with new functionality post upgrade
- Manage user licenses, setting up new users within license budgetary constraints, ensuring access privileges are fully analysed through thorough understanding of the role and product data system requirements
- Drive to identify process efficiencies both in UK and local European offices. - From new line data gathering to finding new ways of working with translation process and workflow
- Support the business in its future endeavours with the accurate creation of product data groupings including data referencing from source to promote consistency across all groups and reduce risk of errors
- Develop an in-depth understanding of impacts downstream when actions made within the PIM system and be the go-to support for all related technical support queries
To apply for this role your experience and skills should include:
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of system integrations, upgrades and data migration is essential
- Ideally, data cleansing, hierarchy management and product group experience
- Knowledge of XLXS, XML, XLST, Sql+ and Adobe InDesign would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the STEP PIM system from Stibo Systems would be highly advantageous
- Confident communication skills at all levels
- Highly organised project manager
- Skilled troubleshooter
Nisbets is the UK's largest supplier of catering equipment, supplying customers in the UK and around the world.
Since Andrew Nisbet started the Company more than 30 years ago, we have grown exponentially in the UK and continue to expand throughout the world with offices in France, Spain, Ireland, Holland and Australia.
We generate nearly a quarter of a billion pounds in sales revenue annually, making us the largest and clear leader in our sector. Through our colleagues' professionalism and dedication we continue to outperform the market and our future is as bright as ever. We are a diverse and fast-moving business with ambitious plans for the future and recognise that every single one of our colleagues plays a big part in our success.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be suitable for this role and to join Nisbets please forward your CV and click Apply Now