|Job Ref:||204605124||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Salary:||£50000 - £70000/annum Car Allowance||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:44|
Head of Development - Basingstoke - £70k |
+ £5,600 Car Allowance, 25% Bonus & 15% Pension
"We need somebody with experience of managing software engineers, expert on Agile and running development teams in conjunction with third parties. He ticks some of the boxes but not all. We can't compromise on this role."
Excellent opportunity for a Head of Development to join my client, a FTSE 250 company , in a key leadership role responsible for driving a culture change within the business and providing guidance and support to the team throughout this time. You will be responsible for managing a team of direct and indirect reports including circa 22 software engineers across multiple sites. You will be currently managing a team of a similar size with similar responsibilities, you will be working on approximately 25-30 legacy applications the team have inherited as well as the current new workload and should be able to manage this effectively. You must be willing to travel, although you will be based in Basingstoke you will be required to travel to other sites including Ukraine, India and Newcastle. You will be able to guide the team and business through this process of change whilst being tactful and strategic in the steps you take to manage them
• Current experience in a similar role, leading development teams
• Proven experience of driving and leading cultural change and achieving group commitment to sustain the desired change
• Ability to manage medium teams (approx. 20+ members) across multiple locations
• An excellent and demonstrable knowledge of software development processes, (Waterfall and Agile), as well as excellent and demonstrable knowledge of software development tools and environments
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft and Java technologies and demonstrable experience of applying the right technology to the right application
• Effective leadership, senior stakeholder management, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage conflict internally and externally, making difficult decisions by pragmatically weighing the complexities involved against the need to act
• Good negotiation skills
• Good understanding of budgetary control and resource allocation procedures
• Strong delivery and implementation skills from inception to acceptance
• Demonstrates commercial acumen
• Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally
• In conjunction with Product Managers develop software product strategies that support the company's overall strategy and objectives. This includes playing a key role in the development of product roadmaps, identifying projects and tracking their progress against the strategy
• Deliver results to the customer, (internal or external), and do everything possible to achieve this.
• Taking into account emerging and legacy technologies, and in conjunction with Architecture teams, drive our development capability and deliver our strategy
• To design and execute tactical plans which can be collaboratively carried out by the team - to implement improvements to our products, services, processes and knowledge sharing within the team
• Plan for growth considering the blend and level of skills required within the team
• Create and maintain a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are fastidious and proud of delivering excellence and quality
• Create a culture of promoting new ideas as a key driver of innovation within Software Development and Architecture
• Facilitate the smooth delivery of all development services: engineering, processes, environments and support
• Act as a key driver of technology and methodology decision making throughout the team, including design, reusable code base development, software tools, best practice, source control and deployment processes. In conjunction with Software Operations drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
• Assist in critical support issues where your experience is required to ascertain the issue and quickly find the appropriate solution. Take responsibility for the resolution. Ensure the correct escalation processes are in place and followed to manage and resolve issues as soon as possible.
• Encourage and create environments where pro-active discussions with Product Managers and Sales teams can take place.
• Stay aware of latest data protection legislation and digital security threats. Make sure we mitigate these risks using known industry practises and solutions. Make sure the teams are aware of these issues and actively mitigated.
• Make sure quotations for work take into account all possible known risks and contain the appropriate contingency. Ensure assumptions for quotations are adequately articulated. Use historical data to ensure previous metrics are employed when quoting for work
• Make sure written reports are written on time, adhere to brand and template, and client communication is professional and effective
• To support the behaviour of working together, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
• To ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.
Candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance for this role. For more information on projects and to apply please send your CV or call (Apply online only)
Keywords:- Head of Development, Development Manager, Development Director, Software Development Manager, Basingstoke, Hampshire, Southampton, Portsmouth, Winchester