|Job Ref:||204604543||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chelmsford||Address:||Post Code:||CM2||Salary:||£35500 - £59500/annum pension & benefits||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:30|
IS Business Consultant|
Information Governance & Strategy
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £35,500 - £59,500 per annum
Location: County Hall, Chelmsford
Essex County Council prides itself on being an innovative, forward-thinking and progressive organisation. As one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK we are currently undergoing significant transformational change to further enhance customer focus, service delivery and to deliver significant efficiencies.
Information Services (IS) deliver a range of functions that support and complement the technological transformation. The service's focus is on driving the delivery of value for money, improving service quality and developing strong partner and stakeholder relationships. Other aspects of the service's work include risk and performance management, governance and legal compliance and contract management.
We are looking for a customer-focused individual with an expert understanding of the Data Protection Act, information sharing protocols and other public sector related legislation and standards. Reporting to the Head of Strategy & Information Governance (IG), the successful candidate will work alongside the IG Operational Lead and the IT Security Manager, as well as with partners both within and external to the organisation.
With excellent communication skills and the ability to engage and influence officers and partners at all levels, the post holder must combine a broad understanding of information management approaches with the ability to help us manage our information and support our transformation programme. This is a strategic role which will work alongside the Information Governance Operational team, but will require an individual with hands-on working knowledge of all Data Protection across all of the Council's functions (including social care).
Key accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Providing consultative advice and guidance to IS managers in a specific area of expertise, relating to external professional standards, best practice, policies or procedures, helping to shape plans and objectives
* Rolling out the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and managing assurance processes
* Managing information maturity within the organisation
* Horizon scanning - reviewing upcoming changes in Information Governance legislation that will affect the business
* Managing the Essex Information Sharing Board and its partners throughout the County.
* Within own area of expertise, leading the management and ongoing development of risk, performance and security management and governance processes and ensure that existing standards are applied consistently.
* Supply chain relationship management and partnership working.
* Representing the organisation at conferences, meetings etc.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications and experience;
* Hold industry recognised qualifications such as an ISEB/BCS certificate in Data Protection and Freedom of Information, or equivalent by experience
* Experience of working on projects within a Local Authority
* Expert working knowledge of current UK legislation and information-related standards
* Prior exposure to and knowledge of NHS IG Toolkit, CJSM compliance, PSN compliance, PCI (DSS) compliance or other ISO27000 based approaches
* An understanding of a wide range of IT functions and services. ITIL Foundation qualification or equivalent by experience
* Strong knowledge of cyber security and how information is protected across a large organisation
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to coach, negotiate and influence behaviour
* Confident and experienced in dealing with individuals at a senior level of the organisation
If you have any queries in relation to this role, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on (Apply online only), quoting job reference 7871
Essex County Council are proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees, including:
* Local Government Pension Scheme (ECC will contribute 14.1% to your Pension Scheme)
* A competitive salary and generous benefits package
* A flexible approach to working hours, promoting a healthy work-life balance
* A clear career path. Recognising your talent in the team. Encouraging committed individuals to grow with the opportunity for progression and promotion.
* Generous leave, plus opportunity to purchase additional days
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Extensive discounts across supermarkets, travel companies, general retail & more
* Childcare Vouchers
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us