|Job Ref:||204603767||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£29 - £36/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:45|
Product Specialist (Databases) required for a 3 month contract (likely to extend) based near Cardiff, South Wales. |
Reporting to the Application Development and Support Directorate for a leading Public Sector organisation you will lead a team of 10 informatics specialists. You will lead this key work area through transition from project to operational service, and, once implemented, take initial responsibility for the service, ensuring safe, effective, delivery using formal ITIL policies and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead on the identification of new data sources to be stored in the databases
* Develop an assurance process, including a catalogue of content, to ensure appropriate technical and metadata standards are met prior to the addition of these new datasets
* Shape and adhere to formal change control processes for release into the production environment
* Demonstrate strong management and organisational skills to ensure successful, timely implementation of the national databases
* Gather requirements and manage business relationship with stakeholders in other organisations
Skills and Experience:
* Extensive experience in a team leader role.
* Experience of technical implementation of systems within the Public Sector
* Understanding of and competency in PRINCE2 project management methodology.
* Practical experience of formal Service Management, preferably using ITIL v3.
* A sound grounding in the principles of relational database technology, and in particular Microsoft SQL Server (2008R2 or higher) and supporting technologies.
* Software development using Agile methodologies such as SCRUM.
This role is to start ASAP and will pay between £29 - £36 ltd/umbrella per hour depending on your level of experience