|Job Ref:||204603662||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lowestoft||Address:||Post Code:||NR32||Post Date:||22/10/2016 03:26|
Horizon Search and Selection are proud to be assisting our brilliant client in their search for a Front End Web Designer to join them at their offices in Lowestoft.|
Established in the 1940s from a small boatyard on the Southern Broads our client, have through the decades, successfully transformed themselves into the successful holiday rental company that they are today, whilst keeping their traditional core values at the heart of everything that they do!
The key tasks, responsibilities and accountabilities are as follows:
• Work effectively with Marketing, Product and Commercial teams and other stakeholders within the Group to support trading campaigns, promotions and merchandising through small change and conceptual designs
• Serve as a mentor to less experienced front end developers/designers
• Provide estimates for new design tasks and comments on coding design aspects
• Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
• Perform other duties as part of the e-commerce development/design function as necessary
Due to the exiting and varied nature of this role it is essential that candidates will have/be:
• Degree or certification in a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience designing and developing front end of one or more commercial websites
• Intermediate and above level of using Adobe Photoshop or other similar software
• Pro-active and seek opportunities to broaden and deepen your own knowledge and proficiencies
• Commercially aware with an understanding of how your work contributes to the business goals
• An excellent communicator who will be able to share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels
• A drive and passion to take responsibility for your own development within the company
• Able to accurately prepare written documentation that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and technically accurate
Although the above are essential requirements other skills which would be considered highly desirable are:
• UX experience
• Working with version control systems
• Experience of productivity frameworks (AGILE, SCRUM, etc.)
• Clear understanding of third-party tags and tag management
• Understanding of WCAG 2/Section 508 and accessibility
This role is a truly exciting opportunity to join a fantastic company who are passionate about who they are and what they do. A very competitive salary is on offer.
To be considered for this position, please apply through our website or alternatively email Emma Butcher with an up-to-date copy of your CV!
Due to the high volume of CV's we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don't hesitate to get in touch with us on (Apply online only).
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs