|Job Ref:||204603451||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£8.00 - £9.00/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:45|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for multiple Digitizer / GIS Technician's to work on a contract to temporary basis with a high profile client that works with Central Government based in Reading. |
The position offers £9 per hour LTD Company rate.
Job Title: GI Technician
Qualification: Degree in GIS, Remote Sensing
Key Skills: ArcGIS or Similar GIs applications, MS Office
• Digitise land parcels and supplementary data based on mapping data and satellite/aerial imagery
• To provided results through bespoke GI system and according to a EU wide recognised LPIS specification
• To work to a defined production schedule.
• Features to be captured may be based on permanent topographic detail or temporary features defined by landowners
• Proven GI knowledge and experience working with large-scale Ordnance Survey data
• High level of spatial awareness, ability to locate and orientate on screen mapping
• Ability to relate aerial imagery to OS MasterMap™ data to correctly interpret imagery and associate to mapping data.
• Intermediate skills in ArcGIS or similar GI application, ability to use tools to view layers, interrogate, search and amend GI data; import and export data and file manage data files.
• Ability to use standard Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to work autonomously within a team structure, with minimal referrals
• Ability to communicate, using the appropriate tools, over specification and operational issues with peers, managers and the client.
• To work in a safe manner and to deal with peers, managers and the clients representatives in a courteous and polite manner.
If you have any queries please contact Jennifer Barrett on either NA or