|Job Ref:||204603216||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Bournemouth||Address:||Post Code:||BH8||Salary:||£22000 - £27000/annum depending on experience||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:30|
The story so far...
Decoded Solutions is an award winning company that specialises in the creation of innovative, business-critical, bespoke software solutions. As a fast growing bespoke software development house, we look for the best to deliver the best. We like to think of our Bournemouth office as a meeting of brilliant minds, and lots of them.
Decoded Solutions is expanding and we're looking for a few new bright sparks to help us grow. We are currently seeking an experienced Software Developer to join our bespoke software development team. With plenty of ambition and enthusiasm, the ideal candidate will have experience working across a range of technologies, as well as a commitment to creative innovation. This is an ideal opportunity to work across an exciting range of projects for industry-leading clients, and the wider Retail Marketing Group.
What is my role?
- To be a happy, fun and caring part of the Developer team!
- To work on a variety of development projects, utilising your current skillset and experience
- To contribute to projects, both individually and as part of a small or larger team
- To learn new technologies as and when required to support your role as software developer with the potential to specialise if desired
- Provide creative input to support in-house product development
- To support the scoping, designing, project management, and roll out of new software
- To assist with any maintenance and support (BAU) of existing software as required
- To build great working relationships at all levels of our business
- Keep up to date with industry trends, and be an active member of the - Decoded community and to be an all-round advocate for Decoded Solutions' core brand values
What do I need?
- Required experience
- Proven knowledge and experience of software development
- Experience with web services, continuous integration, unit testing & mocking frameworks
- Proficient in at least one of the below:
- C#, (url removed), MVC framework
- Objective C, Swift
- Knowledge/experience of MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server
- Used source controls, ideally GIT or SVN
- Having worked with the following would be an advantage: PHP, jQuery, Angular JS, MongoDB, Cassandra, SQLite, Hibernate, Spring
- Experience of mobile development (iOS, Android, Windows) would be a distinct advantage, as well as an understanding of mobile and cloud platform technologies and tools
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies would be useful
- Plenty of drive, enthusiasm and bright ideas!
- Excellent personal organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise at pace
- Able to work to tight deadlines, delivering with accuracy and patience
- A forward thinking, positive outlook
- Enthusiastic about exploring new technologies
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to communicate with customer representatives at all levels of their organisation
- Ability to handle high pressure and high stress workloads during busy periods
- Proactive and willing to take the initiative during quiet periods
- Positive, friendly and outgoing disposition
- Flexibility to work short periods of overtime on occasion
- Experience of working in a small but highly motivated development team
- No specific qualifications are essential for this position, however a degree in IT, Computing, Software engineering etc. would be extremely advantageous
- Industry experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications; however, evidence of previous work may be requested.
This job description may vary from time to time in accordance with business priorities and your terms and conditions.
Recently awarded a 'Times 100 Best Small Company to Work for', our ambition is to create the greatest place to, work globally through our employees experiencing world-class personal development and engagement.
We work with Investors in People to deliver excellence, ensuring you realise your career dreams and recognise your true potential