|Job Ref:||204603046||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£500 - £600/day||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:45|
DBA / Database Administrator / Cassandra / Datastax / NoSQL / Contract / North London|
One of the nation`s leading ecommerce company requires an experienced DBA / Database Administrator to join their team and work on NoSQL systems, using Cassandra and Datastax. The position is a competitively paid day rate contract position.
The Data Services team`s primary objective is to research, design and maintain our database services, builds and tools to enable the effective deployment and management of databases. This includes relational and NoSQL database technologies on both on-premise and cloud infrastructures.
The Cassandra DBA / Database administrator will be expected to implement new services aligned with industry best practice, evaluate new technologies and help to continually improve the team`s enterprise-class service offerings.
Role responsibilities fpor NoSQL DBA / Database Administrator:
- Build new and upgrade existing Cassandra/Datastax Enterprise clusters
- Work with and educate Data Services team in best practises for managing Cassandra clusters
- Work with development teams to ensure their data models are designed and built to industry best practises.
- Troubleshoot problems in production Cassandra clusters
Essential skills for the Cassandra DBA / Database Administrator:
- Proven experience of full administration of enterprise Cassandra clusters (ideally DataStax Enterprise)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for open source technologies
- Demonstrable awareness of industry and market developments
- Comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Unix Scripting
This is an immediate start contract position, however the client can wait for the perfect candidate.
If you are a talented DBA, with experience working with NoSQL Cassandra databases then please apply directly to this advert for immediate feedback on your CV.
DBA / Database Administrator / Cassandra / Datastax / NoSQL / Contract / North London