|Job Ref:||204602855||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 03:26|
Our client was established in 1954 and are Specialists in their field|
Due to continued growth they are currently recruiting for a Development and Support Engineer to underpin their business in all aspects of their IT infrastructure.
You will be working within a small IT team running all IT systems and managing all current and future development in (url removed) winforms, winservices and website along with SQL server development and maintenance.
Currently the division in the role is approximately 70% development and 30% IT management, fluctuating according to the needs of the business.
They are seeking an IT Professional with an aptitude for the full lifecycle of projects, and the ability to prioritise your own workload whilst paying attention to detail and delivering a passion for both innovation and continuous improvement.
The role will require the ability to work directly on SQL server to retrieve / modify data and extend current business reporting.
Skills and Experience required
- Extensive 2nd line commercial support experience;
- Experience in server maintenance and managing external support contracts;
- Network maintenance experience;
- Experience of managing full lifecycles of development projects;
- Good working knowledge of visual studio;
- Vb and C# development experience;
- (url removed) experience at a commercial level;
- Confident DBA and/or SQL Server 2005/2008 administration experience.
- A Degree or Diploma in IT technologies, or Microsoft Equivalent.
- Relevant programming skills or qualification e.g. Agile or scrum.
* Excellent independent and team working skills;
* Creative approach to problem solving;
* Strong interpersonal skills;
* An efficient developer with a keen eye for security;
* The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines;
* Proactive and positive attitude to feedback;
* A keen interest developing for the future
* You will need to have a good portfolio of work in which to demonstrate your experience.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 9.00am - 6pm
Salary: Up to £28,000 doe