|Job Ref:||204601647||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum £20,000 - £30,000 DOE||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:30|
Position: PHP Web / Software Developer|
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Benefits: Flexible Working Hours, Free Parking, Training & Personal Development
Holiday Entitlement:20 Days + 8 Bank Holidays
Our client is a thriving software and web development company. They build web-based software applications and websites, and work with a range of companies and other organisations in and around Oxfordshire.
Due to continuing growth, they`re now looking for a skilled PHP developer, or a bright graduate who is quick to learn, to join them.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to work on an exciting and varied range of projects.
The PHP Web/Software Developer Role:
Experience of content management systems such as WordPress and MVC frameworks such as Laravel would be beneficial.
Skills & Experience Required:
As a development agency, they get to work with a wide variety of different software.
Experience of/interest in any of the following would be helpful, but none are essential - it is more important that you can learn new systems quickly and develop to a high standard:
- Preferred CMS is WordPress. They also work with a range of others including Drupal, Joomla, CMS Made Simple and some bespoke systems;
- Preferred MVC framework for application development is Laravel. They have also worked with Symfony, CakePHP and Zend Framework;
- Git for version control and deployment;
- Development servers run Ubuntu. We manage these using the command line (SSH) and Ansible;
- Live servers run CentOS with cPanel/WHM. These have a web-based control panel, but they sometimes need to use the command line for more advanced configuration;
- Campaign Monitor for email marketing;
- They optimise websites for SEO, and also help clients with social media strategies (Facebook, Twitter, etc). This sometimes includes integrating websites with social media sites using their APIs
They sometimes work with other technologies too, such as Perl, Ruby, Python, NA, (url removed), Classic ASP, Microsoft Access, FileMaker Pro, or whatever their clients` need help with - so there could be an opportunity for you to expand into these other areas if you are interested.
The Ideal Candidate:
First and foremost, you must be passionate about building high quality, easy to use websites & web-based software.
This is a great opportunity to work in a varied development role, working on exciting projects alongside their relaxed, friendly and professional team.
As a company they`re committed to keeping at the cutting edge, and are therefore looking for someone who`d like to help them do this and develop their own skills at the same time.
If you are interested in this PHP Web/Software Developer role, please submit your CV and a Covering Letter explaining why you would be right for the role via the button shown. If possible please also attach examples of code you have written, or include a link to your GitHub account/website/etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit