|Job Ref:||204602333||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dudley||Address:||Post Code:||NE23||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Car||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:30|
Senior IP Network Engineer|
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 + Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
As a Senior IP Network Engineer / Network Architect you will be working as part of a team to design, configure, manage and support core network services and devices for clients, including provisioning and support of services along with ongoing network development in terms of growth, product evaluation and network functionality.
Key Personal Skills
* An outgoing individual who is confident working alone or within a team environment.
* A confident and effective communicator with people from all levels and backgrounds.
* A good organiser, able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Flexible and quick to respond to changing working demands.
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
Key Technical Skills
Networking: Cisco IOS, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, UDP, VLANS, QoS, Etherchannel, ACL, NAT/PAT, DHCP, DNS, IPv4, HSRP, Spanning Tree, VPNs, SSL, SIP, Wireshark.
Hardware Experience: Routers: Cisco, DrayTek, Netgear
Switches (Layer 2/3): Cisco, Meraki, HP, Netgear
Wireless: Cisco, Meraki, Huawei
Firewalls: Cisco ASA, Fortinet, DrayTek
Software: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Desktop XP/7/8. Full Office suite including Visio and Project.
Project Management: PRINCE2 Methodology. Planning & Pre-Sales Consultancy, Risk Management, Stakeholder Communication & Management, Reporting, Budgets & Resource Management, BAU Handover.
Working as a Senior IP Network Engineer / Network Architect you will be involved in;
* Installing voice and data networks for business customers, including pre-sales consultancy, project management and BAU support (remote and onsite).
* Responsibility for designing and delivering multi-site MPLS VPN solutions carrying both voice and data traffic.
* Managing multiple installations at any one time, with each project duration ranging from 1 week to 9 months. Managing each project from initial order through to completion.
* Configuring switches, routers & firewalls to support converged voice and data networks
* Implementing and supporting Next Generation Firewalls to provide network and data security against internal and external threats.
* Supporting customers with their site to site VPNs and VOIP links, including SIP Trunks.
* Provisioning and supporting ADSL/FTTC/EFM/Fibre Ethernet circuits, liaising with 3rd Party carriers both for project and support purposes, and utilising escalation processes when required.
* Providing desktop/server support for internal users and external customers.
* Day to day delegation to and monitoring of a network engineer and other members of the Service Delivery Team.
The role will suit individuals currently working as a Senior IP Network Engineer, Voice and Data Engineer, Network Architect, Comms Engineer, Telecoms Engineer and be living within a commutable distance of Dudley, Wolverhampton, Halesowen, Birmingham, Stourbridge, Walsall or be willing to relocate.
Please forward your CV by clicking Apply Now!
With over 25 years of experience System Recruitment offers excellence in Permanent and Contract recruitment in a wide range of industry sectors. Though we are a generalist agency, a particular strength of ours lies in Information Technology including Technical, Sales and Managerial positions. We are able to tailor our approach to your needs in order to work effectively with you and provide real value