|Job Ref:||204607509||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum plus package, car, pension, ECT||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:20|
I'm looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join one of the markets leading Civil contractors. They are looking for a senior quantity surveyor to help manage their southern region, they have just won two projects value £50-60 Million and are also in the current process of tendering for another.|
An international Construction Company, with over 150 years' experience within the built environment.
Opportunity to work on a number of major civil engineering projects within the Kent area. Including highways, structures and bridges. With projects worth £50,000,000+.
As either an Intermediate or Senior QS, you will be a key member of the Commercial team, with excellent commercial & contractual skills. Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Compiling monthly/periodically application for payment information;
• Developing effective working relationships with members of the project management team;
• Identification and valuation of variations;
• Implementation of change control procedures;
• Measurement of work done and administration of site records;
• Preparation and issuance of contractual notices;
• Procurement of suppliers and sub-subcontractors.
• Provide support with financial reporting for projects;
• Understand contract requirements and assist with contractual correspondence;
• Understanding of risk and identifying the implications of actions taken by yourself and the project team.
As the ideal candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
• Degree qualified Quantity Surveyor or similar qualification and relevant experience
• Experience working on civil engineering projects (either highways, structures or bridges)
• NEC3 contract experience, including option A, C & E
• Communication & relationship management skills
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Ability to resolve issues in a friendly and efficient manner whilst maintaining excellent client relations
• IT literate - Microsoft Office Suite
The role offers the opportunity to work on major infrastructure upgrade projects, for a leading contractor. Offering a competitive level of remuneration and the opportunity to develop and advance your career.
If this opportunity interests you please feel free to contact me on NA or (Apply online only)