|Job Ref:||204607332||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£30 - £40/hour||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:20|
A Mechanical Design Engineer is required to facilitate Auxiliary works as detailed below
* Input into the detailing and specification of the mechanical systems to ensure they comply with contractual & legal requirements, customer specifications, industry standards and best practice. These would generally comprise:
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
- Cooling and Refrigeration
- Chilled Water Systems
- Hot and Cold Water Supply Systems
- Smoke and Heat Control Systems
* Review Client supplied enquiry documents, specifications
* Approve technical specification of the mechanical systems and building services pre and post contract award for HV substation Projects in line with the relevant standards
* Evaluation of suppliers technical document during tender stage.
* Review and comment suppliers drawings and design documents for mechanical systems during project delivery stage.
* Able to undertake design reviews of subcontractor design packages and to report accordingly on compliance with necessary technical standards.
* Work closely with the engineering planner to develop/ review the project programme.
* Provide input to the design and project risk registers.
* Provide the Auxiliary Systems engineering point of contact to projects, tendering, client, civil contractor and site.
* Degree / HND in Mechanical Engineering.
* Substantial Mechanical Building Services experience.
* HVA/C systems for Industrial Plants and/or High Voltage Substations would be advantageous.
* Critical System design for high availability and redundancy e.g. Mechanical systems for Data centres, Hospitals
* Experience of the design of mechanical systems to latest industry technical standards.
* Good written and verbal communication skills