|Job Ref:||204606939||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Post Code:||CA9||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:50|
TDP Lead Mechanical Designer (TDP=Technical Data Pack)|
A vacancy has arisen for a TDP Lead Mechanical Designer to work within the weapons design team on projects through all stages, from design and development through to final manufacture and implementation.
As a TDP Lead Designer Mechanical, you will be producing mechanical engineering solutions, in the form of drawings, models and other technical outputs, to satisfy the technical requirements of a contract in accordance with prescribed working standards and practices.
Typical duties and tasks:
* Preparing drawings, and other technical outputs, consistent with the contractual requirements to meet target dates and budget demands.
* Operating the appropriate CAD and PDM Tools (PTC Creo2 and Teamcenter).
* Performing self-verification of own tasks to ensure completeness and quality of information.
* Performing any related tasks for which the Supervisor perceives that he/she has the necessary skills and/or competences.
* Within a team, undertaking design tasks associated with the developments of specific systems and equipment.
* Pay Rate = £29.68 LTD per hour, flat rate.
* 37-hour work week.
* HNC or equivalent experience in mechanical engineering.
* Time served Mechanical Draughtsperson/TDP Designer.
* Experience in CAD (PTC Creo2) - essential.
* Experience in Configuration Management (e.g. Teamcenter) - desirable.
* Knowledge of drawing standards and the application of geometric tolerances - essential.
* Health and Safety awareness.
* Experience on working with MOD projects - desirable.
The candidate will have been educated to degree level or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline with postgraduate experience within an engineering environment.
The candidate should ideally meet the requirements for registration as incorporated or chartered engineer and preferably be a member of a relevant professional body.
Essential Experience / Skills:
* Good communication skills and ability to operate at all levels within the company and with the customer.
* Experience in CAD (PTC Creo2).
* Knowledge of drawing standards and the application of geometric tolerances.
* Analytical skills.
* Problem solving skills.
* Written and verbal communication skills.
* Presentation skills.
* Engineering background in naval systems, weapons systems or design for military use.
* Experience in Configuration Management (e.g. Teamcenter).
* Experience on working with MOD projects.
* Leadership skills.
* Chairing reviews.
Desirable Experience / Skills:
If you're considering a move from your current Electrical Design Engineering role, please apply online or if would like to find out about other Electrical / Mechanical Design Engineering opportunities please contact Julio Maya on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only).
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's fastest growing and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in recruiting talented people for contract and permanent jobs in the IT and technical roles that span across the specialist areas of Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, Logistics, PMO, Architecture, Cyber Security, Development, Infrastructure, to name just a few.
The core business areas that Outsource focuses on are:
* Financial Services
* Commerce & Industry
* Engineering, Defence & Automotive
* Public Sector
The business focuses on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates, based on reliability and trust.
Outsource is committed to recruitment best practice and compliance and holds the Recruitment & Employment Confederation's (REC) Gold Standard Audited Status, are members of APSCO (the UK professional staffing industry trade body) and are ISO 9001 Quality Management Accredited. Outsource has celebrated its 25th anniversary this year and has some exciting expansion plans for the forthcoming months and years. We have offices in London, Swindon, Manchester and the Midlands.
Please visit our website (url removed)