|Job Ref:||204606164||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cleator Moor||Address:||Post Code:||CA25||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:50|
Our client, a leading nuclear contractor is looking for an EC&I Designer to provide technically/EC&I discipline focused support to the Design Engineer in the production of arrangement and detail drawings, basic calculations and other support activities associated with the implementation of internal and external projects from concept through to site implementation and operation. Current work load will be focused on Detail Design including production of hook-up diagrams, General Arrangements and modification to existing plant drawings.|
About the role:
- Interpretation of drawings and specifications provided by internal and external customers on a broad spectrum of nuclear and non-nuclear projects.
- Preparation of layout drawings, basic calculations, selection of propriety equipment associated with projects and work packages.
- Carry out site surveys, inspections and information collation activities.
- Produce bid, tender and construction drawings using manual and CAD systems; competence in latter preferred.
- Assist Lead Engineer/Design Engineer in the production of calculations.
- Assist the Design Engineer in the preparation of cost estimates for production of designs and drawings.
- Assist the Design Engineer in the compilation and preparation of specifications and contract documentation.
- Assist with the implementation of project site works.
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of equipment and systems.
- Assist the Senior Design Engineer in the production and illustration of specialist study reports.
- Contribute to the compilation of Commissioning, Operational, Life Cycle and Care and Maintenance documentation for projects.
- Provide administrative assistance in the compilation, review and submission of Estates Development Control, CDM Health and Safety Files and Regulatory Compliance documentation.
- Understanding and use of computerised drawings systems CAD and the disciplines involved in the secure storage and retrieval of CAD information.
What you will need:
- Preferably in a design and project management environment in a high technology industry.
- The candidate must be AutoCAD proficient, experience in 3D modelling (Inventor) would be an advantage.
- Use of AutoCAD and/or Inventor, Systematic, methodical and quality driven. Working to tight deadlines and a strong team player.
- Previous nuclear projects experience would be advantageous
What`s in it for you:
- Work supporting high-profile nuclear projects.
- Long term contract work.
- Competitive hourly rates.
- The chance to join one of the UK`s leading nuclear contractors