|Job Ref:||204606145||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Redditch||Address:||Post Code:||B98||Salary:||£10 - £10.50/hour||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:17|
CNC Press Brake Operator |
We are looking to recruit a permanent Press Brake Operator for a local Redditch company working with mainly with aluminium.
• To produce parts and tools from metal, plastic or other materials using a press brake, a computer numeric controlled (CNC) piece of equipment that makes precision bends, punches, or cuts into the material.
• Look at blueprints or plans for the finished product,
• Make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and path of the cut, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing the quality product.
• Ensure machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output.
• Inspect the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
Redditch, Worcestershire, Midlands
Desired / Required Skills
• Math Skills: Good math skills will help press brake operators to understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
• Problem Solving Skills: Press brake operators will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
• Attention to Detail: Press brakes are precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
• Mechanical and Technical Skills: Machines controlled by computers will need operators who understand CAD/CAM technology.
• Stamina: Press brake operators often work long hours doing repetitive movements.
• Positive attitude and willing to learn new skills
• Motivated and enthusiastic
The Important Stuff
• Working days only 42.5 hours per week
• £10.00 per hour
How to Apply
For more information on this role and for other roles we have available please call APN Recruitment Limited in strict confidence. You can apply through the link or call (Apply online only) and ask for Aimee Morris for more ways to apply