|Job Ref:||204607745||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Sidcup||Address:||Post Code:||DA14||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:53|
Our client is a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 30 years, they have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport.|
They are currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer either at Senior Level or bordering on to join their growing team based in Sidcup, Kent.
Role of (Senior) Mechanical Engineer:
• Review and verification of detailed survey information of mechanical plant, services and equipment to confirm the extent of the existing installation and ensure sufficient information is available to complete the design or meet the Client's requirements as required.
• Supervision and coordination of drawings, designs, Information Models, specifications, feasibilities, tender documentation and tender reports for all aspects of mechanical services. Checking of technical reports. Assistance and advice on all aspects of energy consumption and utilisation and identify on delegate schemes, recommendations to improve energy performance. Preparation of design calculations including building thermal modelling, utilising approved software tools such as TAS, IES, Hevacomp and Cymap.
• Contract Management, Contract administration, project management, site supervision and monitoring of projects to ensure compliance with the Client's brief, cost constraints and programme. Investigate and diagnose faults or malfunctions of plant, services and equipment as requested.
• To ensure that the financial control of a contract is being maintained within the Client's budget. Monitor the design and project management of commissions within agreed programmes. Report any variances or anomalies to the Project Manager or Associate Engineer, immediately for important items and at weekly intervals for the rest.
• Ensure the compliance with Construction (design and management) Regulations for engineering aspects of delegated projects.
• Liaise with Group representatives, Design Teams, Clients, Other Consultants, Contractors, Company Representatives, staff from the former Public Utilities, and Local Government Offices.
• Assist in the identification of new design work opportunities on behalf of Frankham.
• Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
• A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility in a dynamic role within an established building services design team.
• A Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 2-3yrs years' post graduate experience or comparable work experience within the building services design environment both off and on site.
• Experience in Microsoft Project and design software (AutoCAD 2005, Hevacomp etc).
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications:
• BEng or MSc Degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent by experience accredited to a professional body for route to Incorporated or Chartered status.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Engineer to join a dynamic multi disciplined consultancy in Kent who are able to offer excellent ongoing career development and a generous salary package (which is negotiable depending on the individual's ability, experience etc).
Should you be seeking a new opportunity, please forward an updated CV, together with your availability and salary expectation and we will contact you to discuss in more detail