|Job Ref:||204605545||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Middlesex||City:||Heathrow||Address:||Post Code:||TW6||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:52|
Demob Job Reference: J2624|
Job Title: Depot Plant Fitter
Location: Heathrow, Middlesex
Salary: £Competitive DOE
My client is a leading plant and tool hire company. They operate, maintain, service and lease a wide variety of equipment and machinery from many of the leading manufacturers, Including, Excavators, Rollers, Telehandlers, Dumpers and portable accommodation units. They now require a Depot Plant Fitter, Based close to Heathrow, Middlesex. You will be responsible for the repair, maintenance, servicing and inspection of a wide variety of plant and associated equipment.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or British Army (Royal Engineers) / (REME) and has a background within mechanical engineering maintenance.
- Repair, maintain and service, plant, equipment and associated machinery to current company standards and legislation, both at the depot location and on site as directed.
- Carry out inspection programs on equipment and report as required.
- Develop interface with both customers and colleagues and provide assisted maintenance to level of own expertise, as appropriate.
- Undertake delivery, collection and exchange of equipment and transactions, including inspections, for handover/back of equipment as required.
- Attend and contribute to all team meetings.
- Maintain areas in order to enable a clean and safe working condition.
- Maintain local stock of spares.
- Ability to complete any relevant technical documentation as required.
- The successful candidate will hold a relevant City & Guilds (C&G) or equivalent qualification (i.e. NVQ 2 / 3) in Mechanical/Plant Engineering.
- Must be able to demonstrate extensive experience in construction equipment / plant rental industry.
- Proven working background in construction related plant maintenance.
- Working knowledge of plant maintenance requirements.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety, Environmental and legislation requirements for plant & transport industry.
- Salary is £Competitive DOE.
- Overtime payable extra.
- Dayshift, Monday - Friday, 07.00am to 5.00pm
- 21 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Employer contributory pension scheme after 3 months service.
- Challenging and varied working environment