|Job Ref:||204605021||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£32000 - £42000/annum Competitive Benefits Package||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:19|
Are you interested in furthering your career in Quality, Safety and Environment within a busy depot environment?|
Ford and Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a QSE Technician to work within a busy London rolling stock maintenance depot where there is a bustling shop floor undertaking a range of safety critical tasks.
The role of QSE Technician represents a great opportunity for someone with experience of QSE policies and procedures to get more involved with ensuring engineering activities comply with the policies and procedures in place. You will have the opportunity to work on the preparation and amendment of toolbox talks, work instructions and method statements amongst other things as well as being involved in audit processes and conducting a range of safety and environmental risk assessments.
Location: This position is based out of the client's depot near Willesden Junction, North London.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Monitoring all activities undertaken in the depot and ensuring compliance with relevant policies, procedures and standards
* Taking responsibility for maintaining and implementing the company safety policy
* Assisting in the investigation of accidents and incidents that occur in the depot
* Keeping policies up-to-date in accordance with relevant legislative and ISO standards
* Aiding in conducting audits on maintenance and engineering activities
* Carrying out safety and environmental risk assessments
The ideal candidate will have previous experience either in mechanical/electrical maintenance or quality and safety auditing in an industrial setting. You must be able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, at all levels of the business and will hold health and safety related qualifications or certifications. Being a qualified auditor would also be a distinct advantage.
Closing date: 12th September
Likely job titles: QSE Technician, Health and Safety Technician, QHSE