|Job Ref:||204604826||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Flecknoe||Address:||Post Code:||CV23||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:19|
We are currently recruiting for a skilled Automotive Fabricator/ Prototype Fabricator to join a highly accomplished, family run business who specialise in vintage car restorations. This role would be suited to an experienced Fabricator who has a history of working in the automotive/racing industry.|
- All types of welding, brazing and soldering
- Cutting, folding and shaping sheet metal.
- Experience working with steel, brass, copper and aluminium.
- Ability to work from engineering drawings
- Ability to use all types of metal working equipment such as folders, guillotine, rolls, shrinker and English wheel.
- Proficient in all riveting techniques
- Good understanding of automotive engineering and capabilities of carrying out mechanical work would be valuable.
- Experience with wood and iron work would be beneficial.
The successful applicant for this Automotive Fabricator role must posses a high level of initiative, practical skill and significant experience in the Automotive or related trades such as Historic Racing and Classic Car Restoration. They must be able to work alone as well as part of small team of highly skilled personnel. Initiative, flexibility and problem solving abilities are essential. Reporting directly to the MD and working closely with engineers and machinists, the applicant will need to be capable of understanding mechanical issues, designing the component to eliminate these problems, fabricating these components and installing them.
Ideal Automotive Fabricator Qualifications:
- Preferred ONC Mechanical Engineering Level
- Motor Vehicle Technician levels 1 - 4
- Welding and Fabrication Certificates
- References will be required
Fabricator salary dependent on experience - £30-40k.
28 holidays per year (inc bank holidays) with working hours of 7-4pm