|Job Ref:||204604683||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£36000 - £46000/annum Competitive Benefits Package||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:19|
Are you interested in furthering your SSHEQ career within a busy depot environment?|
Ford and Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a SSHEQ Engineer to work within the challenging environment of a busy London rolling stock maintenance depot where there is a bustling shop floor undertaking a range of safety critical tasks.
The role of SSHEQ Engineer represents a great opportunity for someone with experience of SSHEQ policies and procedures to monitor all areas of depot activities, making sure that there is compliance with both internal and external standards as well as the documented procedures of the company. You will have the opportunity to help design and implement audit procedures, ensure policies are up-to-date and deliver inductions for new staff as well as reporting incidents in site meetings.
Location: This position is based out of the client's depot near Willesden Junction, North London.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Monitoring all activities undertaken in the depot and ensuring compliance with relevant policies, procedures and standards
* Taking responsibility for maintaining and implementing the company safety policy
* Keeping policies up-to-date in accordance with relevant legislative and ISO standards
* Conducting both internal and external audits
* Carrying out safety and environmental risk assessments
* Assisting in the investigation of accidents and incidents that occur in the depot
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a similar role within an engineering environment and will have developed a good knowledge of safety and environmental legislation and regulations. Ideally you will be a qualified auditor and hold a NEBOSH general certificate. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as you will be interacting with individuals at all levels within the depot.
Closing date: 12th September
Likely job titles: SSHEQ Engineer, Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, SHE-Q, QSHE