|Job Ref:||204603942||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northumberland||City:||Northumberland||Address:||Post Code:||NE66||Salary:||£35000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:19|
We are looking for an Electrical Technician to join our clients manufacturing plant in Prudhoe, Northumberland. The Electrical Technician works very closely with the Operational shift team, to the point of integration. The successful candidates will have sole responsiblity for the electrical health of the Operation across one shift.|
This is a shift role with a competitive salary and package as well as the opportunity to earn plenty of overtime. It will be based at a very large manufacturing site which currently employs over 400 people and holds ISO 14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18002 standard.
The site is very much part of the local community. The community fund provides support for regional and national charities selected by an employee led committee.
The site manufactures, converts and distributes branded forestry products around the globe.
Safety is paramount, above all other responsibilities in all roles. All staff must perform all tasks in accordance with Safety procedures. You must have a great safety track record, hold it in high regard and be capable of dealing with various competencies around safety on site.
Other role responsibilities include
• Responsible for the electrical processes and systems across this converting site for one shift
• Execute shift inspections, centrelines and frequently changed parts in a timely manner and with excellence
• Complete all scheduled maintenance activities assigned or when unplanned downtime occurs, including preventative electrical maintenance checks
• Troubleshoot and resolve electrical faults, updating documentation systems with required information
• Continuously improve the equipment/process and transfer knowledge to others
• Support changeovers, product/material development and other technical upgrades on shift
• Complete effective handover of open electrical issues to oncoming shift
• Perform all operational tasks assigned safely and with excellence, according to defined specifications and standard operating procedures
• Electrical HNC qualification (Essential) or equivalent
• 17th Edition
• Experience with PLC's ideally Siemens and Allan Bradley.
• Minimum 5 years Maintenance experience from an Electrical bias
• Knowledge of heavy industry manufacturing would be an advantage.
• Ability to work Shifts which are 4 on 6 off.
• Safety qualification like NEBOSH / IOSH would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of SAP
• Problem solver
• Team player
• Able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation