|Job Ref:||204606060||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:17|
Demob Job Reference: J2630|
Job Title: Assistant Workshop Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
Start Date: Immediate
My client is a leading provider of rental equipment, operating nationwide. Due to continued expansion they have a requirement for an Assistant Workshop Manager to join their team at their site in Milton Keynes. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of engineers carrying out the maintenance, service and repair of material handling equipment; including telescopic and straight mast forklift trucks and ancillary equipment.
This presents itself as an exciting opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army (REME Vehicle Mechanic), Royal Air Force/RAF (MT) or Royal Navy with a proven supervisory/management background and has strong mechanical/electrical/hydraulic skills and previous engineering experience within a similar role.
- Lead a team of engineers, ensuring all work is carried to standard and on time.
- Fault finding and investigations on breakdowns and replace necessary parts ensuring that the equipment is in good working order once repaired and carry out the relevant vehicle checks.
- Adhere to company HSE responsibilities including safety risk assessments.
- Complete service documentation as required.
- Carry out general housekeeping duties within the department ensuring work areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure that all tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated as required.
- Assess and monitor equipment performance noting any defects.
- Maintain good concise communication between the team and management.
- Provide technical advice to customers and other service professionals as required.
- Deliver exceptional customer service both internally and externally.
- Deputise in the absence of the Depot Manager ensuring company objectives are met, managing the resources available in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Experience of working within a similar role in a supervisory/management capacity.
- Must hold minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance/Plant Maintenance/Agricultural Engineering.
- Ability to lead by example with a strong work ethic and excellent man management skills.
- Knowledge of plant equipment, engines, hydraulics and electrics.
- Strong technical background within a similar role.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound communicator.
- Team player.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible approach to work.
- IT literate.
- Hold full clean driving licence.
- Salary £Competitive.
- Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week.
- 22 days holiday rising to 25 days with service, plus bank holidays.
- Uniform and PPE provided.
- Pension Scheme, Life Assurance.
- Save as you earn share scheme.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company