|Job Ref:||204605930||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South East||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:52|
Service Engineer (Harbour Mobile Cranes)|
The role contributes to the success of the Maritime Crane department by carrying out effective maintenance and repair work on equipment out at customer premises or on site, ensuring both quality standards and timelines for repair are optimised at all times leading to increased customer confidence and repeat business whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company's key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
To ensure compliance with the Company's Health & Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Quality system
Key responsibilities and accountabilities, includes but not limited to:-
• Carry out, servicing, inspection and repair of machinery and equipment at customer premises or on site or if required at the appropriate depot
• To focus, as a priority, on the company's harbour crane types, but also to become familiar with other product types.
• Diagnose specific fault issues and action appropriately
• Return all warranty and other return parts cleaned and on time ensuring correct processes for packing and labelling
• Ensure all service information is read, understood and filed
• Correctly file all service manuals and that they are consistently updated
• Undertake all work strictly in compliance with manufacturer guidelines and recommendations
• Escalates the appropriate action in relation to broken or damaged company equipment
• Develops an effective working relationship with the support team at the depot and can support others where required
• Maintains a healthy and safe working environment for self and others through a clear understanding of workplace safety requirements and systems.
• Supports the roles of others ensuring administration and paperwork is completed effectively and on time as and when required
• Develops outstanding rapport and relationships with all customers
• Coordinates with the customer ensuring that customer needs are understood and that a flexible approach is adopted to meeting their needs
• Works with the customer in mind, making sure that quality work standards are maintained consistently and that post work, the repair site is clean and left in an condition that satisfies the customer
• Works in accordance with the company quality assurance guidelines
• Is able to effectively contribute in recognising and improving work processes so as to drive greater efficiency
• Ensures that self-image is a key contributor to promoting company business, and maintains both personal image and vehicle condition and cleanliness to an exceptional standard at all times
• Uses initiative and optimises down times to pay courtesy visits to customers
• Proactively seeks new opportunities to develop personal skills and looks at opportunities out in the field to apply these