|Job Ref:||204603119||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brentwood||Address:||Post Code:||CM14||Salary:||£38000/annum parking, healthcare, pension, gym||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:22|
Our client is offering a fantastic opportunity to join their organisation as Head of Maintenance.|
Hours of work will generally be 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday - Friday. You will be expected to work two Saturday's per year and to participate in the emergency call out system (very occasional).
The yearly salary is up to £38,000 and other benefits include; 20 days holiday plus statutory days, pension 5% employee contribution, 10% employer contribution, car parking, gym membership and subsidised Private Medical Insurance available on request.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the maintenance team consisting of 10 staff (number could fluctuate slightly) alongside managing external contractors to ensure planned and reactive works are completed in a timely fashion, to a high standard and in a safe manner.
You will be responsible for building maintenance, redecoration and refurbishment work to ensure that facilities, equipment, plant, premises and grounds are maintained at the highest possible state of operational readiness, cleanliness and appearance, working to budget and to assist in ensuring a clean, healthy and safe environment for all.
Working closely with the Estates Manager and at times deputising in their absence our client is seeking a candidate with impeccable communication skills and a proactive attitude, very much a forward planner to ensure that less reactive work takes place with strong PC skills to back this up.
* Minimum 5 years' experience of managing multiple trades, maintenance & repair works utilising internal teams and external contractors.
* Ideally a certificated trade background with a sound knowledge of buildings and construction processes and M&E compliance.
* Working knowledge of Health and Safety practices.
* Self-motivated with a "can do attitude" and flexibility to ensure delivery.
* A team player with the ability to motivate others
* Ability to manage time and make decisions whilst working under pressure.
* Customer focused
* Excellent communication skills
* Committed to continuous improvement
* IT literate and skilled in use of MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel including familiarity with hand held devices to support the maintenance function.
* Current driving licence
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website