|Job Ref:||204602998||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Witney||Address:||Post Code:||OX28||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
We are currently seeking to recruit a sheet metal engineer/technician for one of our prestigious clients who offer a range of sheet fabrication and precision engineering services, based in the heart of Oxfordshire.|
Our client offers a range of services including punch press, press brake, milling, turning and ancillary services, working with all types of sheet materials from one off projects & prototypes through to large production volumes.
CNC Punch Press machines offer full offline CAD/CAM drawing facilities, and can support many different file formats including DXF, DWG and IGES.
Punch Press / Press Brake Engineer Role:
In this position you will:
* Programme, set and operate CNC controlled Nisshinbo punch presses and Safran and Mebusa press brake machines, monitoring machine performance, bending, straightening and cutting sheet metal as per requirements.
* Perform routine maintenance tasks as required, including preventative maintenance tasks.
* Complete relevant reporting/paperwork.
* Engagement with Design and Manufacturing Engineering to support Design for Manufacture & Assembly activities.
* Maintain clean working environment at all times
* Ensure health and safety standards are met at all times-Requirements:
* Previous experience of working with CNC press brake and punch press machines is essential. Previous experience with Nisshinbo, Safran and Mebusa is ideal, however other makes is fine.
* A keen eye for detail and accuracy is required due to the tolerances and high quality of products produced and is seen as essential.
* An ability and desire to learn and develop is deemed important to our client as is a high standard of work in a team environment.
* The ability to use other related equipment such as milling, cutting, welding and hand tools is also preferred.
In return for the above, you will be working for an established business with a long standing client base, offering stability and longer term prospects to advance.
A base salary of circa £30,000 to £35,000 is offered
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)