|Job Ref:||204602876||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Shilton||Address:||Post Code:||OX18||Salary:||£37900/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
Demob Job Reference: J2628|
Job Title: Shift Maintenance Technician
Location: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Salary: £37,900 (Includes Shift Allowance)
Start Date: Immediate
Our client is a well-established and leading provider of consumer services in the UK. Due to continued growth an opportunity has arisen for a Shift Engineer to join their existing engineering team in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a wide variety of planned (PPM) and reactive maintenance tasks across the entire plant ensuring that all equipment is running and achieving maximum efficiency.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established and growing company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, REME, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF), Candidates wishing to apply must hold a relevant Electrical Engineering qualification and have basic mechanical skills with previous experience working within a fast paced engineering environment.
- Perform routine, planned maintenance (PPMs) on all equipment and observe daily, weekly and monthly tests and recording policies.
- Providing site inductions/work permits in place for contractors where necessary and in the absence of the senior engineer.
- To enter maintenance/service records data into PC/Charts/CMMS.
- Ensure statutory testing/checks on Fire Alarm Systems.
- Pro-actively work with the team, supervisor and manager to report known issues / faults and to ensure they are effectively dealt with and closed out.
- Perform breakdown repairs on machines and equipment as necessary.
- Record parts used, maintenance performed, repairs and remedial activity required.
- Pro-actively work with the team, supervisor and manager to close out jobs, or complete necessary remedial works.
- Provide support to cover maintenance works on the buildings where required.
- Pro-actively communicate with all team members, supervisors and manager at start and end of shifts to ensure all are aware of completed maintenance / repairs and outstanding maintenance / repairs.
- Ensure good house-keeping at all times, ensuring both workshop and shop floor areas are clean and tidy.
- Make suggestions to improve working practices.
- Work with the customer to prioritise workload in order to maximise production whilst minimising adverse effects on machinery and ensuring safety.
- Comply with all Company policies including Health & Safety policy.
- Contribute to the Company's continuous improvement process.
- Undertake additional tasks as requested by your Manager commensurate with the role.
- The successful candidate will have an electrical engineering bias, Hold a relevant electrical engineering qualification i.e. City & Guilds/NVQ along with the ability to demonstrate basic mechanical skills.
- Experience within a service / maintenance role in a similar fast paced engineering environment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring drawings/diagrams.
- Electrical biased with knowledge of drivers, Belts, Motors, 3 phase electrics, Drives, Relays, Solenoids, Pneumatics, Compressors, Scanner systems and general maintenance equipment.
- Very flexible approach with regards to working the required panama shift pattern.
- Proven knowledge of single phase and three phase electrics.
- Sound communication and relationship building skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work using own initiative.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- £37,900 salary (Includes shift pattern)
- Panama shift pattern - (6am/6pm Days/Nights rota) (2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off)
- 20 days holiday.
- Company pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company