|Job Ref:||204602836||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Eversley||Address:||Post Code:||RG27||Salary:||£36000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:22|
Demob Job Reference: J2626|
Job Title: Field Service Technician
My client is a leading provider of bespoke high quality conveyor systems, Due to continued expansion both in the UK and Internationally, They now have a requirement for a Field Service Technician to join their existing team of Field Engineers. The successful candidate will be home based and travel daily to customer sites throughout the Berkshire and Hampshire areas and carry out the servicing, PPM, maintenance, breakdown repair and installation of the company products portfolio. Please note due to the nature of the role candidates must be extremely flexible in their approach to the daily travel.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from the armed forces .i.e. British Army (REME), Royal Navy or Royal Air Force. Candidates wishing to apply must hold a relevant Electrical/Electronic Engineering qualification and have basic mechanical skills with previous experience working within a fast paced engineering environment.
- Liaise with customers on site regarding the work to be undertaken, referring to instructions on the worksheet.
- Carry out the Maintenance/Servicing/Repair/PPM/installation as per instructions, ensuring work is completed and the equipment is working efficiently.
- Report any additional defects found.
- Immediately report to the office regarding any defects or issues that are considered unsafe or dangerous.
- Accurately complete all service related reports and submit them to the office.
- Offer competent technical assistance when required.
- Ensure each repair is completed within the allocated time and budget allowed.
- When required, carry out fault diagnosis and accurately identify components which are faulty.
- Update the office after each customer visit is completed.
- Ensure the compliance of company procedures, such as Health and Safety; Environmental; Quality for all areas under your direct control.
- Housekeeping of all elements including premises, people, equipment and vehicles to the highest possible standard in order to portray a professional image.
- Display a proactive, can-do attitude within the organisation, with a culture of right first time and ownership of problems.
- The successful candidate will have a strong electrical engineering bias, Hold a relevant electrical/electronic engineering qualification (City & Guilds C&G / NVQ Level 2/3) along with the ability to demonstrate basic mechanical skills.
- Experience within a service / maintenance role in a similar fast paced engineering environment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring drawings/diagrams.
- Electrical bias with mechanical knowledge of drivers, Relays, 3 phase electrics, Belts, Motors, Pneumatics, Solenoids, Compressors, Scanner systems and general maintenance equipment.
- Electrical testing equipment. (Meggers/Flukes)
- Proven knowledge of single phase 240v and three phase 440v electrics.
- Sound communication and relationship building skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work using own initiative.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- IT Literate.
- Salary £36,000
- Dayshift, Monday to Friday, 0700 hours - 1530 hours.
- Company Pension scheme.
- Uniform and suitable PPE are provided.
- Fully equipped company vehicle.
- 22 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Opportunity to join a very successful and growing company.
- Challenging and varied working environment