|Job Ref:||204602713||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Salary:||£28000 - £35000/annum pension, life assurance||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:22|
Senior Mechanical Technician |
We now have an opening for an experienced mechanical technician to join a continuously developing and forward thinking organisation centred around the recycling industry.
Primarily you will work provide the capability for assembly and modification of the company's primary product and equipment as you assist the R&D and design and manufacturing teams.
There will also be the opportunity to build, train, support and maintain a skilled team to deliver both manufacturing and offsite maintenance and operations tasks.
* Installation of mechanical systems on production machinery, both in-house and onsite with clients.
* To support & advise the design team regarding assembly problems and potential solutions.
* Generate plans for reducing onsite commissioning lead times and costs.
* Installation and commissioning of machinery at client sites.
* Ensure the organisation and implementation of maintenance practices for machinery on site.
* Assist in developing the company's Health & Safety and Quality programs.
* Develop, train and supervise a team of electro-mechanical technicians that will be able to provide clients onsite commissioning & maintenance services.
You will be a qualified and experienced mechanical technician with a wide ranging technical skill set and willingness to turn your hand to any relevant practical activity. While practical mechanical systems engineering is the primary focus and skill requirement, welding and fabrication skills will extremely highly desirable. The ability to interpret and work to engineering drawings and specifications is essential.
This position will suit the kind of person who enjoys working within a tight knit team environment, can offer flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm in their work and can maintain a great sense of humour under pressure. You must be comfortable working alongside the client and visiting sites, so a full clean license is required.
For any further details or to express an interest in this role please contact Ian Canavan on (Apply online only) or apply online.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business