|Job Ref:||204602603||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bedford||Address:||Post Code:||MK40||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
The Complex Infrastructure Programme (CIP) has been established as one of 3 programmes within the Major Projects directorate of Highways England. CIP currently comprises the A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon, a new Lower Thames Crossing (LTC) and A303 Amesbury to Berwick Down (Stonehenge) projects.|
Each is classed as "Tier 1", meaning they are in the Government Major Projects Portfolio (GMPP), due to a combination of level of investment, complexity of stakeholder and political landscape and their importance as elements of national infrastructure that will lead to wider economic growth.
Within CIP a number of core services are delivered from Programme level to each of the constituent projects/schemes. One such service is High Quality Solutions (HQS) which will provide the client assurance capability.
Co-ordination of CIP schemes relationships with Highways England Design Panel is essential.
The Service Lead is responsible for delivery and performance of the HQS service to CIP in accordance with the Highways England imperatives of Customer, Safety and Delivery. This includes:
Safety - Challenge & support projects to create the safest roads for customers, Operation & Maintenance and through construction.
Customer - Challenge & support projects to ensure the road customer service level is defined & realised through our scheme performance. This means providing the "right solution" in terms of capacity, junctions and traffic flow.
Delivery - Challenge & support projects to ensure the road and landscape are in place and the junction strategy supports local economic development. Operating across Highways England bring technical innovation, learning on efficiency and realisation of wider organisation objectives e.g. Improved provision for Non-Motorised Users, Vulnerable users and biodiversity.
The lead will ensure CIP Projects deliver the right solution for the end customer balanced with ease of maintenance and operation by the Operations Directorate.
- Undertake review and challenge with scheme design teams to ensure their designs will exceed or as a minimum meet the needs set out in the Client Scheme Requirements, Highways England Health and Safety requirements and they directly contribute to CIP and Highways England KPI`s.
- Ensure research and knowledge sharing is undertaken with all appropriate sectors to understand leading practice and ensure adoption by CIP where appropriate.
You will have:
- Significant road industry experience such as a lead designer on major roads or technical responsibility for maintenance contracts.
- Substantial experience in the project and/or programme environment of large multi-year capital programmes
- Proven experience of delivering benefits and customer outcomes through the shaping of infrastructure solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Strong team leadership skills - able to create buy-in to the programme and service vision and provide clarity of purpose.
- Proven client, stakeholder and supplier relationship building skills
This is an exciting time to join Highways England and we keen to receive applications from driven and ambitious individuals. In return we offer a great working environment with flexible working hours and plenty of opportunity to progress your career