|Job Ref:||204602514||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£24000 - £26000/annum Company van||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
Plant / Agricultural Mechanical Engineer (skilled)|
£24-26k per annum + Company van
8am - 4.30pm Mon to Fri - Overtime available
Our client is currently looking for a candidate who is able to carry out preventative maintenance on various types of agricultural plant and equipment for sale and hire to the construction industry, as well as responding to emergency breakdowns. Involvement with new design and alterations of new and existing products. Overhaul and repairs to plant and equipment on various customer sites making sure that it is safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
Key Job Tasks:
* Keeps equipment available for hire by inspecting and testing plant; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, Tyre rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
* Maintains plant functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
* Verifies plant serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
* Maintains plant appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
* Maintains plant records by recording service and repairs.
* Keeps plant equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock on van; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in Training opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Works within the requirements of the company's Health and Safety policy and procedures.
Due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion