|Job Ref:||204602235||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Andover||Address:||Post Code:||SP10||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum £40-45k + Benefits||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:22|
Generator/UPS Commissioning Engineer (233jc) - Hampshire Based - £40-45k + Benefits|
My client is a family owned company that was established in 1982 selling generators and has expanded their services into Standby Power, UPS and combined heat and power systems.
You will be reporting to the Project Operations Manager, and you main areas of responsibility will be commission and you will be van based and using a combination of your engineering skills on your tools, practical coordination and face-to-face client liaison skills, IT & systems engineering skills, to commission the unit and hand-over to the client. Overnight stops are normal for the duration of this phase. This role will include:
• Attend site as principal commissioning engineer. Firstly working alongside our engine manufacturer, but rapidly developing the ability to carry out full commissioning autonomously
• Coordination with all the associated trades is necessary; such as client's mechanical & electrical engineers, BMS control engineers, Electrical DNO, client's IT department
• Carry out hands-on handover training for client's site staff
This role requires you to be van based, and willing to operate all over the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands. High mileage can be expected, & at times overnight stops will be necessary.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills and abilities:
• Positive mental attitude
• Having the right to live and work in the UK
• Self-motivated, and trustworthy to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good verbal and written presentation skills
• Happy with high mileage driving, and working away from home
• High standards of cleanliness & personal presentation
• Ability to think on your feet, and function effectively in a fast moving business
• Comfortable working in a hard driving well motivated team, of very focused people, with robust working relationships
• Sense of humour essential
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a generator or CHP commissioning engineer, or similar role
• Some previous relevant experience with gas engines
• Strong practical knowledge of LTHW hot water systems, including practical experience of pumps, inverter drives, flow rates, delta T, boiler operations, and associated BMS controls
• Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems
• Practical knowledge of high level software based control systems such as Comap / Deep Sea etc
• IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel, & Word. Practical experience of using laptop based bespoke engine system analysis and control programmes such as Comap PC Suite / DSE Configuration Suite etc
• Ability to work with complex equipment such as flue gas analysers, digital water flow and temperature profiling devices, etc
• Gas Safe qualification
• IT / Broadband Network knowledge
• CAD Qualification or practical skill
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
• IEE 17th Edition Qualified
• CSCS card
• Experience with building services plant such as boilers, HVAC, BMS etc
• Knowledge of BMS protocol languages such as Modbus / Profibus / BACNet etc
• Already own basic electrical & mechanical tool kit
The ideal individual would be someone based in the Hampshire area, however this is not a hard and fast rule, and you will need good engineering skills and will probably come from an Electrical or Electronics background.
They are offering an attractive salary, commensurate with experience & qualifications. Participation in company-wide performance linked unlimited bonus scheme. Fully flexible working hours are required, especially given the travelling needed, Company Vehicle and Phone and with 20 days annual leave, increasing through company loyalty programme
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (Apply online only) ext 1.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY