|Job Ref:||204602208||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Abingdon||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£20 - £24/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
My client is looking to engage the services of a Mechanical Project Engineer (contract) to support a brand new, exciting and ground-breaking research project. Already a world-leader in the field of Nuclear Fusion research, their new Materials Research Facility (MRF) is designed to test new compounds for both the Fusion and Fission development programmes and will be used by both internal clients and industry and academia. The new facility is in need of a Mechanical Engineer to support the MRF with the development of mechanical systems for sample logistics and sample loading systems.|
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
* Responsible for the design and execution of the generic loading system and the scientific equipment specific systems.
* Compiling the manuals and writing the maintenance schemes for the developed equipment.
* Participate in other development teams for evaluation and review tasks within the MRF team.
* Participate in the project team for the realisation of the mechanical systems in the Instrument Cells.
Essential Aptitudes and Experience
* Experience with mechanical system engineering.
* Capable of letting things happen (being selective in use of design tools, proto-typing for trials and realisation of the end product).
* Managing the "bureaucracy" associated with the related organisations (internal and external).
* Capable to work both in a small (project) team as well as fully self-supported.
* Proven experience in the design of mechanical systems
* Proven experience in the execution of in-house design systems (including build, purchase, assembly and testing of the systems).
For more information on this rare opportunity, please contact Darryl Hood