|Job Ref:||204602126||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bedford||Address:||Post Code:||MK40||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
Are you an established Programme Manager with a proven track record of successfully leading infrastructure projects? Are you keen to find your next challenge within a dynamic and fast-paced organisation?|
The Complex Infrastructure Programme (CIP) has been established as one of 3 programmes within the Major Projects directorate of Highways England. CIP currently comprises the A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon, a new Lower Thames Crossing (LTC) and A303 Amesbury to Berwick Down (Stonehenge) projects.
Each is classed as "Tier 1", meaning they are in the Government Major Projects Portfolio (GMPP), due to a combination of level of investment, complexity of stakeholder and political landscape and their importance as elements of national infrastructure that will lead to wider economic growth.
LTC is a £4Bn+ project to deliver a crossing, to the East of London. It will be critical to the UK`s major road network and is currently in the final stages of preferred route selection. A technical partner has now been appointed for the development phase.
The post holder will be the Project Manager for LTC, running the project on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the Project Director and within the constraints laid down by the Project Board, the SRO and the Project Director.
This is a senior project/programme management role, responsible for a team of 50+ people, managing work-streams, stakeholder engagement & communications and all aspects of this complex project.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious individual with either proven engineering/infrastructure programme design and planning experience or those with proven engineering/infrastructure construction stage experience who have extensive stakeholder engagement skills and a track record or driving continuous improvement across this environment.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To lead the Health, Safety & Well-being agenda and to actively engage the supply chain in promoting a "leading H&S culture".
- Delivering the project according to the requirements and standards established by the Project Board;
- Leading, motivating and directing Work-stream Leaders and the PMO Manager, ensuring alignment between them all;
- Holding all contracts of external suppliers and advisors and directing them to deliver their contributions to the project;
- Preparing the baseline management products such as the Project Initiation Document (PID), deliverable descriptions, work-stream descriptions, stage/exception plans etc.;
- Managing production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary;
- Establishing and managing the project controls (monitoring, reporting etc.); and
- Advising the Project Director of any deviations from the plan and escalating issues which require the attention of the Project Executive Group or the Project Board.
- Ensure compliance with the appropriate governance arrangements.
- Engage with, and influence, colleagues and senior management to generate support for project proposals, overcome obstacles to delivery and work collaboratively across the business.
You will have:
- Proven capability of successfully leading infrastructure delivery projects, particularly in early phases of their development prior to construction.
- Proven success in leading and developing multi-disciplinary teams, fostering challenge and innovation, improving team performance and creating a successful delivery culture;
- Cultural leadership of health and safety
- Proven capability in building high performing teams and effective development of team members
- Demonstrable evidence of delivery in a complex customer facing organisation using a recognised Programme and Project framework
- Evidence of successful engagement and influencing of internal and external stakeholders
- Promotion of supply chain engagement and collaborative delivery
- Fluent and effective communication skills
- Technical qualifications relevant to the role
- Ability to drive best practice and business improvement
This is an exciting time to join Highways England and we keen to receive applications from driven and ambitious individuals who can drive the strategic development and capability of the project. In return we offer a great working environment with flexible working hours and plenty of opportunity to progress your career