|Job Ref:||204602043||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Salary:||£30000 - £32000/annum Excellent Company Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
ENGINEERING SURVEYOR - ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL TEST & INSPECTION - GUILDFORD/CRAWLEY & SURROUNDING AREAS - £30-32k + CAR/ALLOWANCE + PENSION 8% + 25 DAYS HOLIDAYS - LIFE ASSURANCE + PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE + FLEX BENS - LEADING PROFESSIONAL SERVICES COMPANY - SURVEYING & INSPECTION OF ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS - LEADING PROFESSIONAL SERVICES COMPANY - FULL 12 WEEK TRAINING PROGRAM|
A world leading professional services company who support businesses with quality & compliance are looking to hire Electrical & Mechanical Engineers to carry out high quality electrical inspections on mechanical machinery ensuring various electrical systems and machinery are compliant with current regulatory and statutory requirements to IEE wiring regulations .
You will operate within agreed authorities, inspection and H&S standards with a clear customer focus and drive to achieve optimal service delivery.
Experience of working within a manufacturing environment ideally for this role or you will have worked in one of the following industries or environments or similar.
* Armed Forces (Navy)
* Manufacturing sites
* Industrial Plants
* Process Plants
* Oil & Gas
* COMAH sites
* Any environment with a potentially explosive atmosphere (ATEX)
* Any environment with heavy machine
This unique opportunity gives an experienced engineer who is credible, compliant and customer facing the opportunity to become a fully trained competent engineering surveyor who inspects and tests various industrial equipment at customers sites to industry standards. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a professional role which allows them to be more customer facing with a view to advancing their career and experience with a market leader. They offer a superb training and investment package for all their engineers to ensure that their engineers are of the highest standard in the industry.
* Ensure surveys and inspections are carried out within set time scales, in line with planned schedule
* Formulate, produce and distribute inspection reports in a professional manner, within daily timescales and service standards
* Provide, build and maintain excellent client relationships and ensure that all customer service standards are met
* Operate in line with company's Core Values and Code of Ethics
* Maintain technical standards within business units to meet business plan measures, participating in Technical Competency Testing and Technical Audits (internal and external)
* Work effectively with Area Managers and Regional Directors to ensure all Regions KPI's are met
* City & Guilds Part 1 and 2 electrical installation (or equivalent)
* Mechanical qualification (Any level)
* 17th Edition
* Willing to travel if and when required
* Proven experience with demonstrable technical knowledge of inspecting & testing electrical systems and machinery in an ATEX / DSEARS / COMPEX environment
* Working in the armed forces i.e. REME, Navy
* City & Guilds 2391 or 2400 courses
* Experience of working in a heavy machinery environment such as manufacturing, Industrial or process plants or similar
* Computer literate, with good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to demonstrate and have a clear understanding of Health and Safety
* H.N.C/H.N.D or equivalent in electrical installation
* Compex trained
Job titles: Electrical inspector, electrical engineer, electrical surveyor, electrical supervisor, electrical engineering manager, site supervisor, electrical maintenance manager, electrical team leader, electrical installations manager
Backgrounds/equipment: Forces, RAF, REME, Navy, Industrial, ATEX, DSEARS, COMPEX trained, PAT testing, Electrical installations,
In respect of the above role(s), Cordant Recruitment Limited operates as an Employment Agency as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy