|Job Ref:||204601886||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Yarnton||Address:||Post Code:||OX5||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
Thin-Film Engineer - Barrier Layers|
Our client has an immediate requirement for a talented and motivated thin-film specialist to join a highly interdisciplinary team, to assist in the development and advancement of novel photovoltaic solar devices. The vision is to transform the profile of solar power and energy generation through the commercialization of the perovskite solar cell.
Suitable candidates should already have experience of developing thin-film processes for semiconductor devices, ideally related to PV, and display a good knowledge of analytical techniques and their practicalities. Comfortable exploiting systematic techniques to identify root-causes and eliminate defects and be confident utilizing statistical methods, such as DOE, to ensure that accurate conclusions are being deduced.
The successful candidate will be a proactive team player, with a flair for structured problem solving, and someone who relishes the challenge of working a fast moving start-up company environment.
Our client is seeking a thin-film specialist to develop transparent barrier coatings for their photovoltaic devices. The successful candidate will develop processes for depositing these layers, whilst assessing the electrical impact on the device and in combination with charactering the effectiveness of the barrier performance.
This role requires a methodical approach by someone who possesses a keen eye for detail and thrives on making incremental progress. It is expected there will be elements of PV device characterization (using various microscopy, electrical and luminescence based techniques) where experience of semiconductor-type device failure analyses would be advantageous. The project would commence by undertaking feasibility studies of various deposition and processing techniques, then transition towards defining and demonstrating repeatable processing, before culminating in the procurement and commissioning of bespoke solutions.
The individual will need to work well as part of a dynamic development team to ensure the successful completion of projects both in terms of quality and timeliness.
- Selecting and evaluating suitable materials and deposition techniques
- Exploiting systematic approaches to identify root-causes of defects and ultimately to expand reliable processing windows
- Evaluating and quantifying the performance impact on the photovoltaic device
- Utilize various analytical measurement techniques and keep abreast of the latest industry advancements
- Ensure tasks are appropriately prioritized and executed according to agreed timelines
- Specifying and sourcing services and equipment from third parties
- Contributing to multidisciplinary team meetings
- Compliance with quality standards including record keeping and Health and Safety standards.
- Supporting the work activities of other staff, to achieve both short term and long term company goals.
- A first degree or PhD in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
- Suitable candidates should have hands-on experience depositing and evaluating the performance of thin-film for electronic devices, preferably for photovoltaic devices. Should be comfortable working in a semiconductor fabrication environment and be able to work independently experimentally. Experience in microscopy and analysis of thin films would be highly advantageous, as would experience in characterising their optoelectronic properties.
- Experience of working in a technology development and/or manufacturing environment would be desirable. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of delivering projects with customers and suppliers - both internal and external - in order to meet agreed specifications.
- The successful candidate will be a diligent and pro-active team player, with the desire and ability to tackle the challenge of working a fast moving start-up company environment