|Job Ref:||204601851||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£36304 - £44140/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
To perform the role of built environment expert for the North team, contributing to strategy and project development, including contributing towards bid writing.
To manage, plan and allocate the work of a team of urban designers, engineers and technicians, ensuring that their work achieves organisational quality standards and that they achieve their financial targets. To be part of a UK wide team able to direct resources, matching skills to contract delivery requirements.
Place in Organisational Structure:
The post holder will report to the England Director, North.
England Director, North
Head of Partnerships, North
Head of Delivery, North
Head of Network Development, North
Head of Built Environment (Bristol)
Other Engineering and Design teams
Health and Safety teams
Regional partners engaged in design and construction of sustainable transport infrastructure.
Commissioners and funders
* To contribute to strategic direction of the North as a member of the North management team.
* To support the development, implementation and tracking of annual work plans for the North.
Delivery of projects or services
* To work with colleagues, clients and key partners to develop and deliver major walking, cycling and urban design projects in the North, including planning, design and project management of construction in urban areas.
* To lead on providing the technical input to engineering and urban design projects and contracts in the North.
* To oversee the delivery by the Engineering and Design team, of high quality design and engineering solutions that meet the standards and aspirations and fulfil client briefs.
* To be a company-wide engineering and design resource, working on nationally and regionally significant projects, contributing expert advice across a wide range of urban projects and settings.
* To ensure the team is maximizing its utilisation rates, tracking progress via timesheets and minimizing over or under utilisations by effective forward planning.
* To be responsible for adherence to the Project Management Framework
* To work with the Partnership Manager to secure the inclusion of deliverable plans for sustainable active travel infrastructure in Strategic Economic Plans, Transport Plans, large scale development plans and urban design, cycling and walking strategies. * To liaise with local enterprise partnerships, councils, community groups, consultants and contractors to develop and secure opportunities for the company to deliver improved cycling and walking infrastructure through consultation and funded projects.
* To establish a reputation regionally and as part of a companywide team for innovative design and meeting and exceeding partner expectations.
* To participate in bid writing for projects at the direction of own line manager.
* To contribute toward the development of new ideas and innovative strategies for product development, marketing, branding, or business opportunities.
Communication and marketing:
*To build a portfolio of engineering and design expertise that is used for internal communication and business development purposes.
* To contribute towards raising the profile of the company, by representing the charity at meetings, activities and events, as required.
* To lead the work of the Design and Engineering team for the North directing resources effectively and ensuring work is timetabled and delivered on time and on budget.
* To manage, develop and coach the Design and Engineering team members by setting clear objectives and monitoring performance to maximise their potential.
* To work with HR to ensure that training and development of staff is planned effectively and in line with business need.
Training and development
* To represent the region on national engineering and design quality assurance and technical discussion groups and liaise with regional and national technical teams to share and adopt good practice and knowledge.
* To develop the region's capacity and expertise in technical and urban design, engineering and project management through team management, training and recruitment of specialist expertise, providing expert oversight of infrastructure work and support for the professional development of the team.
* To lead training sessions for team and wider organisation on their own specialism.
* To ensure own personal development by working to objectives set as part of the Charity's appraisal process.
* To attend essential training as required.
* To encourage and support the mentoring of more junior members of the team to facilitate their career development