|Job Ref:||204601848||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£60000 - £65000/annum flexible benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:55|
Signalling Design Manager - Engineering Consultancy |
Location: Central London (Commutable by train)
Salary: DOE + Excellent flexible benefits (i.e. profit reward scheme, healthcare, gym)
Signalling Design Manager required to lead the successful delivery of technically excellent multidisciplinary rail projects and bids across the UK portfolio. Join an enthusiastic team of Signalling Design Engineers and Systems Engineers working on UK rail projects across the country.
Your main role will be:
* Determining the signalling design requirements from our client brief making sound decisions to produce the right design solution.
* Leading the required signalling design to multidisciplinary design teams on large or medium sized projects.
* Managing the signalling designs and calculations within enhancement and renewal projects.
* Sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation across our business, providing guidance, training and feedback with other related disciplines and skills, locally and across the UK.
* Managing your own personal development utilising our in house and external training opportunities, with the freedom to work independently.
* Mentoring junior employees as part of a strong development culture across our business.
* Experienced in leading a number of complex signalling design/multidisciplinary projects with an underpinning knowledge of signalling design and interlocking principles, standards, components, and fabrication methods.
* Excellent hands-on experience of managing the production, checking and approval of feasibility, outline and detailed signalling principles design and calculations.
* Knowledge of RRI, mechanical or SSI systems, ideally all three.
* Knowledge of railway systems, and the key interactions between other railway assets, and with railway operating practices.
* HNC/D or Higher qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
* IRSE licence 7.8.110 Engineering Manager (Design) and/or a previous holder of Signalling Principles Designer category 1.1.550 and Signalling design verifier 1.1.160.
* A member of the IRSE and a Chartered Engineer.
Rewards and Benefits
* Work for a leading Consultancy with a range of small and major projects across the UK and internationally.
* Supportive, collaborative and flexible working environment.
* Competitive salary at all levels, combined with one of the best benefit packages in the sector
You must be living and authorised to work in the UK to apply for this position.
If you are interested in applying please contact Samuel Merry at Resolute Recruit on or call (Apply online only)