|Job Ref:||204601550||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:54|
Our established engineering client are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project / Planning Engineer with a mechanical background and experience gained working within a heavy manufacturing set up.|
Responsible to manage and provide an effective production planning / project management service within the manufacturing division at Gateshead and also throughout the wider company when required.
Main duties will include but will not be limited to:
• To provide an effective planning service in support of project delivery;
To co-ordinate all project planning activities from End-to End for production builds;
• Responsible for providing accurate and timely project data to ensure deliverables are met utilising various software tools such as Microsoft Project;
• To develop, monitor and control project schedules;
• Present programme reviews and status to all stakeholders including customers and company Directors;
• Perform progress monitoring, identifying critical activities; identify, investigate and mitigate risks to the programme;
• Update and maintain production schedule data;
• Forecast resource requirements, highlight shortfalls and influence key decision makers to ensure programme deliverables and outputs are met;
• Support production during the tendering stage of projects;
• Assist and support the Assembly Business Manager, carrying out varied tasks as instructed;
• Take an active role in the process of proposal preparation.
• Plan production projects in line with the business and commercial requirements of the division;
• Assist in the overall delivery of a project by the team, monitoring contracts during production to ensure adherence to programme and to ensure it meets the business and commercial requirements of the division;
• Develop clear and concise reporting of project status including financial and budget planning;
• Be responsible for a specified operational process within the Assembly business;
• Implementation of new project management and planning systems
• Deputise for the Assembly Business Manager in his absence;
• Any other duties within the post holder's capabilities as directed by line management.
• Project(s) performance to budget and/or estimate, the quality requirements and to schedule.
• Detailed contract planning to ensure products are assembled and tested in an efficient and effective manner.
• Continuous improvement of the People, Plant, Process, Product and Programme.
• Operating process budget and expenditure.
• Adherence to and improvement of the Quality Assurance systems.
Education & Qualifications:
Ideally to have a relevant technical qualification in engineering, minimum HNC or equivalent or a professional management qualification, alternatively time served apprenticeship with demonstrable experience covering all experience and key competency requirements.
Experience & Key competencies:
Ideally to have:
• Manufacturing/planning experience within an engineering environment;
• Understand & apply financial information
• Able to deal with all levels of management and staff
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Understanding of business functional areas including Q.E.S.H.
• Good people management skills